Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Wavgain Help Please (Read 11285 times) previous topic - next topic

Wavgain Help Please

Reply #25
thanks john33 - i will be waiting patiently.

shimage
i know what you mean about "crappy" music...it is the manufacturers doing the crappy job.  music from the mid 80's has a change of -2 to -4 bd.  music from this year has a change of -9 to -11 db.  amazing what happens in 10 to 12 years.  one rock album (cd) from 82 has a change of +.25.  i saw alot of different numbers in the last cd i put together (output from wavegtain).  but wavegain did a very nice job with all the songs.  they all have the same perceived loudness.  i just wanted to try and coordinate the radio volume and the cd volume.  not a real big deal.  after a couple blarring times (cd --> radio) i will remember and learn.  i use cd's (store bought) to put together my compilations.

i'm going to go chedkout mp3gains website and search google to see if maybe i am just having a brainblock on this.  it (wavegain) seems pretty easy and straight forward.  maybe i am just missing something (that operator error again).  may be just as far ahead to go ahead and play with wavegain and learn it the old fashioned way - trial and error

thanks for all the help