Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
I am trying to break down some MPC using the supplied CUE
Marc
post Aug 7 2008, 21:57
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 36777

but when I split the files there is a terrible noise at the beginning of each track/or several seconds of silence before the music starts. On some there is also a lot up to 7 seconds of silence at the end of some tracks. The MPC plays fine before it's split . Any suggestions?

Marc
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
r2d
post Aug 9 2008, 19:37
Post #2

Musepack Developer

Group: Developer
Member No.: 38630

You can convert your file to sv8 (it's lossless) and then use the mpccut utility to split your file. There is no correct way to cut a sv7 file.
+Quote Post
Marc
post Aug 9 2008, 19:43
Post #3

Member No.: 36777

Thanks I ended up converting them to wav rewriting the cues and going from there is worked fine. I didn't even think of up convwering them to SV8. I'll remeber that.

Marc

QUOTE (r2d @ Aug 9 2008, 14:37) *
You can convert your file to sv8 (it's lossless) and then use the mpccut utility to split your file. There is no correct way to cut a sv7 file.
+Quote Post
drumliner
post Sep 11 2008, 21:11
Post #4

Member No.: 537

I would also like to cut an mpc image of a cd into separate tracks. I tried converting it to SV8 and the resulting file is 2mb smaller (106mb SV8 vs 108mb SV7). Is that normal? Seems like a relatively large reduction in size for a simple lossless conversion between the 2 variants.

Also is there an automated way to cut the resulting mpc SV8 image using a cue file? Manually using the mpccut and entering start/end samples for each track would be quite the proverbial pita.

One last thing... is there a winamp plugin for the sv8?
+Quote Post
Antonski
post Sep 30 2008, 16:49
Post #5

Member No.: 250

QUOTE (drumliner @ Sep 11 2008, 23:11) *
I would also like to cut an mpc image of a cd into separate tracks. I tried converting it to SV8 and the resulting file is 2mb smaller (106mb SV8 vs 108mb SV7). Is that normal? Seems like a relatively large reduction in size for a simple lossless conversion between the 2 variants.

The new entropy coding of the stream gives about 2% smaller files and faster decoding.

... is there a winamp plugin for the sv8?

Yes, if you don't want to compile by yourself, you can find one in that package.

Also is there an automated way to cut the resulting mpc SV8 image using a cue file? Manually using the mpccut and entering start/end samples for each track would be quite the proverbial pita.

Well, I might think about some simple tool. I have to prepare an mpc image + cue file first. And to find some free time smile.gif

~~
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th December 2014 - 07:41