Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: MP1 and MP2 files needed (Read 8884 times) previous topic - next topic

MP1 and MP2 files needed

Hi All,

Anybody is having any MP1 or MP2 files. Or anyone has any MP3 to MP2 and MP1 converter. I need it .

Thanks
-R/\\/I-

MP1 and MP2 files needed

Reply #3
The only reliable source for such files are the MPEG reference files (available from the same server as the MPEG-4 reference files, links can probably be found on this website somewhere). Tools like Wav2mp and scmpx have problems with either layer 1 or layer 2, don't remember which one has problems with which. Also the reference files cover a much broader range of bitstream possibilities than most encoders ever will.

MP1 and MP2 files needed

Reply #4
Just out of curiosity, is there an appropriate tag format for such files?

~

MP1 and MP2 files needed

Reply #5
The "container" is the same as for MP3, so whatever you use there you can use on MP1/MP2.

MP1 and MP2 files needed

Reply #6
Thank you, Menno for the prompt reply.

MP1 and MP2 files needed

Reply #7
http://netsell.com/dahb-music/mpeg/ampeg43.zip
It's an old MS-DOS based program, encoding Layer 1 & 2.
When using proper psycho-acoustic model, audio quality was very good for L2 files (192...256kb/s)
Back in 1996 I ran many nightly encoding jobs with it

MP1 and MP2 files needed

Reply #8
Thanks to you all for help

Regards
-R/\\/I-

MP1 and MP2 files needed

Reply #9
wav2mp will do MPEG-1 Layer I and II.

http://home.cogeco.ca/~avi2vcd/

I needed to transcode audio to .mp1 (MPEG-1 Layer 1) too, and I was able to do so by using wav2mp.  Thank you!

At first I was confused because the output of wav2mp is only .mp2 but the containers can be interchanged (rename to .mp1), and I verified the audio properties with MediaInfo.