Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Album Art Downloader XUI (Read 2048059 times) previous topic - next topic

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #2625
Awesome work, Alex! Bing script is working quite fine and seems to me a good replacement for GoogleImage. Thank you very very much!

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #2626
Unfortunately Google Images has been broken beyond easy repair (they are no longer offering the &gbv=2 format and are encrypting image URLs). It might be possible to hack something together for google images, but I suspect not.

What problem are you having exactly?

I maintain a command tool called SACAD to scrape various cover sources (like AlbumArtDownloader, but command line, non interactive, and OS agnostic).
I have not noticed any recent change in Google page structure and all my automated tests are green, which means Google still returns valid results.

The parsing code is here, feel free to study or borrow it (MPLv2 license).
Opus 96 kb/s (Android) / Vorbis -q5 (PC) / WavPack -hhx6m (Archive)

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #2627
What problem are you having exactly?
I don't know why your script is still working, to be honest. When I try any google image search with format gbv=2 (which you use too) it just returns an html page with a "click here if you are not redirected" link and no results. I'll do some poking around to see if it is headers or cookie related or something, thanks for letting me know.

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #2628
i think it has something to do with the user agent. if you try faking it as an older browser, it may work.

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #2629
i think it has something to do with the user agent. if you try faking it as an older browser, it may work.

Thanks, yep, that seems to have done the trick, along with a slight regex change for some reason. So google.boo is re-instated, and should be working now.

Alex

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #2630
Is it possible to add a request for a site?

If so, I'd like to request a search script for http://edmusic4change.blogspot.se/

Tnx for a GREAT app!

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #2632
Amazon(.jp) searching is broken.
Can't get any results from Amazon(.jp).

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #2634
Hey guys.

I'm having a problem where whenever i try to add the artwork through Foobar, it works most of the time, but when i get an album that has ':' in it. For example 'Grouper - A I A : Alien Observer' I get an error that says the given path's format is not supported.

It works for every other album except for those with ':' in it.

Anyone have any idea how i can fix this?

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #2635
: is one of several characters that are illegal in windows filenames. if you're using something like %artist% - %album%.jpg in the foobar artwork preferences, you actually need to replace the : in the filename with a -

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #2636
I don't know if this has been mentioned before or if it even is possible, but is there a way to have Album Art Downloader check that an actual image file.

For example, some of my albums have artwork embedded (I don't know if this is the correct phrase) in the mp3 files themselves, and artwork is detected. Instead, I would like if it detected actual jpg/image files.

Is this even possible. It isn't a big deal, but it would be nice.

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #2637
some of my albums have artwork embedded (I don't know if this is the correct phrase) in the mp3 files themselves, and artwork is detected. Instead, I would like if it detected actual jpg/image files.

Embedded artwork will only be found if using ID3 tags, so if you use file path pattern matching it wouldn't find any. That's not ideal, I know, but otherwise the only thing you can do is look in the Artwork Status column. If the filename ends in <0> (or any other number) then it's an embedded art that it found.

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #2638
Alex you're an absolute hero for writing this software, its bloody awesome! It has very quickly become part of my music tagging routine.

Is there any chance of a Juno download (www.junodownload.com) script?  They're an amazing source for artwork. especially for singles.

Kind regards

will.

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #2640

Thanks, Will! There is a script for Juno Records (juno-records.boo), does that help?

Alex

Well kinda its Juno's sister website which deals with just digital downloads... I guess i could see if just changing all of the URLs will work in the juno one.... I have no idea about scripting so no laughing its thats a silly idea

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #2641
Well that's not a huge shock, it didnt work  So yeah if you get time a junodownload script would be top banana

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #2642
Alex,

Are you the developer of uBlock as well?

(Sorry for the off-topic, I admit this is nothing but curiosity.)

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #2643
@will1565: OK, they do seem to have a different selection of albums, so please give juno-download.boo a try and let me know how it works for you.

@audiophool: Not really, no. I have contributed some code to it, and I am the current maintainer of the Firefox port (which is why my name is on the AMO listing), but it's not my project.

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #2644
Thank you very much Alex that works perfectly.  Well sometimes the results appear in a double sized result box but that isn't really an issue I guess.

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #2645
Can you add support for soundcloud too?
You have to change the final part of the url (...-t500x500.jpg) to ...-original.jpg or ...-original.png. Is it possible? Thank you!

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #2646
I would like to have my art saved with the type of art in the filename so that I can have multiple pieces of art for one album, is this functionality possible when using the foobar browser or at all? I know the search window supports the type tags so I'd really take advantage of them in other places.

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #2647

It might be possible, but I can't find any good way to search soundcloud for albums. There doesn't seem to be any advanced search, and the standard search field returns a mixture of mostly user uploaded tracks and playlists, with pretty much any random image they chose to use.

I would like to have my art saved with the type of art in the filename so that I can have multiple pieces of art for one album, is this functionality possible when using the foobar browser or at all? I know the search window supports the type tags so I'd really take advantage of them in other places.

Yes, click the Options link and then in the "Specify path to find images" box you can put whatever you like, including the %type% placeholder. (It will be treated as * when searching, but populated when saving)

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #2648

It might be possible, but I can't find any good way to search soundcloud for albums. There doesn't seem to be any advanced search, and the standard search field returns a mixture of mostly user uploaded tracks and playlists, with pretty much any random image they chose to use.

OK nice expalantion. If you find any solution, please implement it. Thank you for the useful program!

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #2649
Hi,

on my way through the internet i found the page "coverlib.com". it is a very good database. unfortunatelly there is no script inside the program for coverlib.
Is there a possibility to add a script for this page? this would be very nice and would be the perfect solution for me to complete my arts.

thank you

regards

domi