Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: CUETools versions 1.9.5 through 2.1.6 (Read 1889297 times) previous topic - next topic

CUETools versions 1.9.5 through 2.1.5 (current)

Reply #2500
Sory, no idea how to see it with CUEtools. When i decode HDCD from command, Peak Extend is never enabled and maximum level is below -6.02dB it must be one that has no point being stored with higher bit depth.
Is troll-adiposity coming from feederism?
With 24bit music you can listen to silence much louder!

Reply #2501
Would it be possible to show EAC peaks at db.cuetools.net? The same peaks are also in the CueTools log.

Quite often I am trying to figure out the remastering year and it would help to see if two different disc ID's of the same album have the same peaks - then they most probably are the same remaster. And sometimes, if one of them can be multiplied by a factor to have the same peaks as the other they would probably be the same remaster.

It's very common to re-issue an album without any remastering done to it, and the record label usually doesn't give any information on the album itself. You have to be your own detective, and CTDB could really help out with this.

Reply #2502
I'm just trying to rip my 1000+ cd collection and having some problems with a few of them...even resorting to buying a JFJ Easy Pro to fix some!  In an effort to read the more "challenging" discs I've managed to get hold of a couple of 2004-2005 CD Roms Drives that are NOS.  The HP/Samsung drive is detected by CueRipper fine, but the other one gives me the "Failed to autodetect read command" error when starting the rip and just fails.  It works perfectly in EAC, but i prefer CueRipper!  Any way i can either get support added in or add it myself somehow - It's a Liteon LTN-529S?

Reply #2503
The offending .dll appears to be created dynamically with a different filename on each run by both CueTools and CueRipper, so you can't simply exclude the file

I just uploaded a new build of 2.1.5. Can you please check it has the same problem? I just removed CSScriptLibrary.v1.1.dll (which was probably the one causing the false-positive) from the package. So CUETools no longer supports custom scripts, which is sad but almost nobody was using them anyway.

Yes, thats fixed it. maybe Avast will get round to sorting it one day and you can re-instate the custom scripts support, you shouldn't have had to remove functionality from your product to get round someone elses problems. If they do fix it, I'll report back.

Thanks for responding so quickly, its a great little app

Just to let you know that Avast now seems to be happy with CueTools v2.1.4  Don't know when they fixed it, been using 2.1.5, but ran the old version by mistake this morning and no complaints from Avast. So I guess the scripting can go back into .15

Reply #2504
Would it be possible to show EAC peaks at db.cuetools.net? The same peaks are also in the CueTools log.

Something I just noticed recently: CUETools and EAC don't calculate peak values the same way. All other things being equal, CUETools will return a peak value of 100.0 if a track contains a max sample value of +7FFF or a min sample value of -8000 -- whereas EAC returns a peak value of 100.0% if a track contains a max sample value of +7FFF or a min sample value of -8000 or -7FFF.

The most common disc I've found so far that shows this difference is the South Park Bigger, Longer and Uncut soundtrack:

EAC rip log (v1.0b3, but I've confirmed v0.99pb3 returns the same peaks):

Code: [Select]
     Track  1
         Filename G:\tmp\testrip2\01 The People of South Park - Mountain Town.wav
         Peak level 100.0 %
           Extraction speed 10.3 X
           Test CRC EFE9C48B
           Accurately ripped (confidence 24)  [12AB2BF3]  (AR v2)
           Copy finished

Track  2
           Filename G:\tmp\testrip2\02 Terrance & Phillip - Uncle Fucka.wav
         Peak level 100.0 %
         Extraction speed 17.7 X
         Test CRC 4AAC8A07
         Accurately ripped (confidence 24)  [C2B6672D]  (AR v2)
         Copy OK

Track  3
         Filename G:\tmp\testrip2\03 Mr Mackey - It's Easy, Mmmkay.wav
         Peak level 100.0 %
         Extraction speed 18.5 X
         Test CRC 95CF979A
         Accurately ripped (confidence 24)  [A4228687]  (AR v2)
         Copy OK

CUETools log:

Track Peak [ CRC32  ] [W/O NULL] [  LOG   ]
       --   99.9 [684C677E] [A4F04842]  W/O NULL
       01   99.9 [EFE9C48B] [D180B7B0]          
       02   99.9 [4AAC8A07] [8B7B00A1]          
       03   99.9 [95CF979A] [2F03A86F]

Actual sample values (returned by SoX):

Trk  Length    EACpk%   LMin  LMax   RMin  RMax  LRMSdB RRMSdB  Indicies
         T01  04:27:38  100.0%  -7FFF +7FFE  -7FFF +7FFE  -14.62 -14.86  00:00:00 00:00:32
         T02  01:06:00  100.0%  -7FFF +7FFE  -7FFF +7FFE  -12.36 -13.14  04:26:57 04:27:70
         T03  01:54:37  100.0%  -7FFF +7FFE  -7FFF +7FFE  -14.23 -14.40  05:33:17 05:33:70

-7FFF really isn't the maximum negative value so of the two apps I think CUETools is doing the correct thing technically (100% - 1 isn't 100%), but it does call into question any comparisons between EAC-generated peak values and CUETools-generated peak values. (From what I've been able to tell they seem to agree about the difference between 99.8% and 99.9% but I haven't dug that deeply. I really wish EAC just reported max/min sample values per channel instead of boiling to down to a much-less-accurate percentage.)

Reply #2505
I have a wav file and cue file created with EAC that I want to verify but I can't connect to to CTDB, I get "database access error: Forbidden.".  I've tried both 2.1.4 and 2.1.5.

Reply #2506
The only thing i can think of is you might have invalid proxy settings or something
CUETools 2.1.6

Reply #2507
The only thing i can think of is you might have invalid proxy settings or something

Well it was the proxy at first, that caused a timeout error, once I set the proxy correctly I get the Forbidden error.  I guess I'm the only one, it's working for everyone else?

Reply #2508

Well it was the proxy at first, that caused a timeout error, once I set the proxy correctly I get the Forbidden error.  I guess I'm the only one, it's working for everyone else?

UPDATE:  Now I get: database access error: The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a receive.

Reply #2509
Works nicely here from germany.
Is troll-adiposity coming from feederism?
With 24bit music you can listen to silence much louder!

Reply #2510
Works nicely here from germany.

So over the weekend I tried it at home, and it works there.  So as Gregory said, it's the proxy that is messing things up.  I can connect to AccurateRip just fine through the proxy, so I think there is a problem with the ctdb web site....

Reply #2511
I have an issue
There are album date in my cover art filenames.
in settings > advanced > cover art files.  I'm trying to add string "%artist% - %year% - %album%.png" I want it to accept this image for example "Muse - 2003 - Absolution.png". But it does not see the image."%artist% - %date% - %album%.png" doesn't work too.
"%artist% - %album%.png" works fine with "Muse - Absolution.png"
What template should I use for it to work with my cover art filenames?

Reply #2512
I can only find %album% and %artist% in the source code so I don't think %year% is possible for local Cover Art File search.
korth

Reply #2513
Is there an artificial limit on how many tracks a CD must have for CUETools to see it? I have this CD which only has two tracks. CUETools doesn't see the ripped files (file browser shows folder as empty)

edit: Ah, apologies. I had a space character in one of the album's tracks tags by mistake, so CUETools saw two one-track albums -> separate files, and decided to ignore them.

Reply #2514
I've been successfully using CUETools 2.1.4 since it had been released, anyway I notice that version 2.1.5 is out, so I was wondering if I could upgrade to the 2.1.5 version, or it isn't stable enough?

Reply #2515
2.1.5 works great!

Reply #2516
2.1.5 is stable enough. I barely use 2.1.4 at all (unless I'm trying to duplicate someone's issue).
Grigory, might you consider bumping the version number and adding future fixes and improvements to 2.1.6?
korth

Reply #2517
Ok
CUETools 2.1.6

Reply #2518
Thank you Gregory for the hard work, these are great news. I've suggested CUETools to friends and I've spread the word over the web for years, this tool really deserves some attention. Long live CUETools! Beware of the sacrilegious Medieval CUE Splitter!

Reply #2519
Wow. I've just noticed that, given the same conditions (same album, read first time then read again to maximize speed), the 2.1.5 version is much faster than 2.1.4 in verifying the CD rips! For example, it went from 530x to 630x! Strangely this seems to happen only with flac files, but I'm impressed nonetheless!

EDIT: I've just have a look at the changelog:

"CUETools: CUETools FLAC decoder optimized; verification now works around 50% faster when not limited by I/O"

Reply #2520
Good morning to all of you. I have this problem with cuetools v2.1.4, from about a week:

Reply #2521
This [a href='index.php?act=findpost&pid=865589']known problem[/a] can happen when you change the size of the text in Win7 display to something other than 'default' (under Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Display). It was fixed in 2.1.5.
korth

Reply #2522
Thanks you were great and fast. It's true given that the resolution of my notebook is very push [1920x1080] with a display of 13". I ​​enlarged the characters in "Medium 125%", because even with glasses, I was struggling. Appearance then that version 2.1. 5 is operational.
Have you a good day.

Reply #2523
I would like to report a similar bug using version 2.1.5:

I'm using a custom Windows text zoom set to 138%. My desktop resolution is 1920x1080.

Reply #2524
I've a question about the "Gaps Appended + HTOA" setting in CUETools gaps handling window. Would it be ok to always leave that setting on for every CD, or should I switch to "Gaps Appended" only, instead?