IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> foobar2000 Tech Support Forum Rules

Please read foobar2000 Tech Support Forum Rules before posting and comply with all the points.
Failure to provide all the information pointed out in the above document in your post is considered wasting other people's time and in extreme cases will lead to your topic getting locked without a reply.

See also: Hydrogenaudio Terms of Service.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
problem parsing rename scheme, preview works but not the actual process
Gecko
post Jul 31 2004, 01:12
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 662

In 0.8.3 I'm having trouble using the rename function.
My rename scheme looks like this:
CODE
%artist% - %date% - %album%\[Disc %disc%\]%artist% - $num(%tracknumber%,2) - %title%

As you can see, if the "disc" tag is present, a corresponding subdirectory should be created. While I am in edit mode, the preview works as expected. At the regular rename dialog preview, I get [SYNTAX ERROR IN FORMAT STRING] instead. The files are also renamed to "[SYNTAX...]".<ext>. This is independant of the file actually having the "disc" tag.

I have created a screenshot illustrating the problem.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Peter
post Jul 31 2004, 01:22
Post #2

foobar2000 developer

Group: Admin
Member No.: 84

Filename pattern is split by separators *before* parsing, to prevent possible slash characters in tags from being recognized as directory separators.
As for preview ignoring it - consider it a bug, noted, thanks for the report.
Moving the backslash out of square brackets should do exactly what you want (more than one backslash in a row will be ignored):
CODE
%artist% - %date% - %album%\[Disc %disc%]\%artist% - $num(%tracknumber%,2) - %title%
+Quote Post
Gecko
post Jul 31 2004, 01:29
Post #3

Member No.: 662

Thank you for the fast reply. After moving the backslash, things work as expected. Problem solved!
+Quote Post
R2D2
post Aug 6 2004, 13:20
Post #4

Member No.: 14643

Instead of starting a new thread...I can ask in this thread.....want a advanced string....

If the genre is has rock or metal, then the files should be in Rock, Metal\Artist\album, if the genre is r&b, then it should be in r&b\artist\album, and so on (just do those two, can figure out the rest myself), but if it is varioius artists, and the album has soundtrack or OST, then it should be in Soundtracks\,album\, but if disc exists, then it should be in Soundtracks\album\,cd %disc%.
And if album doesn't have soundtrack, and it is variouis, then it should be like the soundtrack above, but in Samlingsskivor instead of Soundtracks.

Thanks a Lot if you can help!
+Quote Post
Ruby
post Aug 6 2004, 13:39
Post #5

Member No.: 9941

Random idea (haven't tested it, just typed it up, so there can be mistakes):

CODE
$if(%various%,$if($or($strstr(%album%,soundtrack),$strstr(%album%,OST)),Soundtracks,Samlingsskivor),[%genre%])\
$if($or(%various%,$strstr(%album%,Soundtrack),$strstr(%album%,OST)),,[%artist%])\
[cd %disc%]\
[%tracknumber%] $if2(%title%,Unknown title)

You haven't mentioned how you mark an album as VA, so I assumed you use %various%.

This post has been edited by Ruby: Aug 6 2004, 13:39
+Quote Post
R2D2
post Aug 6 2004, 20:04
Post #6

Member No.: 14643

QUOTE (Ruby @ Aug 6 2004, 04:39 AM)
Random idea (haven't tested it, just typed it up, so there can be mistakes):

CODE
$if(%various%,$if($or($strstr(%album%,soundtrack),$strstr(%album%,OST)),Soundtracks,Samlingsskivor),[%genre%])\<!--QuoteEBegin-->$if($or(%various%,$strstr(%album%,Soundtrack),$strstr(%album%,OST)),,[%artist%])\<!--QuoteEBegin-->[cd %disc%]\<!--QuoteEBegin-->[%tracknumber%] $if2(%title%,Unknown title)

You haven't mentioned how you mark an album as VA, so I assumed you use %various%.

I am marking my various artist albums with a "," (without quotes), first in the folder the album is in, that's why I wanted various if path has ",".

Thanks a lot...I can change the code for various myself.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th September 2014 - 20:12