IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> foobar2000 General Forum Rules

This is NOT a tech support forum.
Tech support questions go to foobar2000 Tech Support forum instead.

See also: Hydrogenaudio Terms of Service.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Display next track in Playlist/Queue
pgeorge64
post Aug 10 2013, 17:03
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 84904

When I am at a DJ gig (typically dancing is involved), I display the Now Playing track using OSD on a separate big display.
However, folks normally want to know/see what is coming up next.
I would like to display the track in line to play next either in the Playlist (preferably if a playback queue is present next track there - but this is not critical).
I tried various title formatting strings but nothing seems to work. or rather I am not able to find a function that will return the the track information by an index number.
I can get the index number for the current track and add 1 to it to get the number for the next track in the playlist.
But I am not able to find any function that will return the meta data information on that track.

Appreciate if you can direct me or give me some tips to do this.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Propheticus
post Aug 10 2013, 19:38
Post #2

Member No.: 93615

You could try the Queue contents editor component. The window's (menu->view->queue contents editor) columns can be setup by rightclicking. If you drag this screen to the external big screen, you'll have a list of all the upcoming queued songs. This only works with the queue though and not with regular playlists.
+Quote Post
pgeorge64
post Aug 12 2013, 20:39
Post #3

Member No.: 84904

Thanks.. But that solves only a fraction of the issue. The queue contents are mostly empty unless I add something manually. I usually play off a playlist.
It will be great if i can access the next track using title formatting or other means for display.
+Quote Post
Propheticus
post Aug 12 2013, 20:47
Post #4

Member No.: 93615

Not possible, sorry: http://wiki.hydrogenaudio.org/index.php?ti...the_playlist.3F
+Quote Post
BenB
post Aug 12 2013, 21:35
Post #5

Member No.: 98921

The closest OP can come to doing what he wants, to the best of my knowledge, is to indeed use the playback queue (in an unintended(?) way shifty.gif) in conjunction with something like the queue contents editor component (which makes the playback queue's contents accessible and editable smile.gif ).

This post has been edited by BenB: Aug 12 2013, 21:38
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th July 2014 - 11:14