Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
EQ software that works with Aureal Sound Card
MrBruce
post Apr 6 2014, 21:06
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 107155

Hello, just curious if there is any Windows OS based EQ software that works with sound cards that did not come with such software?

I use my computer as an automated music player for part 15 FM broadcasting and have no control over the lows, mid and highs with the current driver software that works with this audio card.

I use Zara Radio Free edition as automated software and this software does not support VST plugins, so I was wondering if there is some software out there that works with either Windows volume controls or Aureal audio drivers.

I would be willing to use open source software or freeware as long as it does not come with unexpected software installations.

Thanks in advance.

Bruce.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Juha
post Apr 6 2014, 22:53
Post #2

Member No.: 40610

Maybe EqualizerAPO + Parametric EQ GUI for it suits for you ... you find everyting through http://jiiteepee.tripod.com/home.html

Juha

BTW, the fPEQGUI-10MC is going to be updated soon (added separate control for L and R channels of front, rear and side channels).
+Quote Post
MrBruce
post Apr 7 2014, 02:23
Post #3

No go with that software. For one, there is only a 64 bit OS version available? I have 32 bit OS and for now I am using Windows XP Home Edition... and yes, I do realize MS support for it is ending in a few days, however, I do not intend to buy a new copy of 8.1 for this computer because it is rather old. Any other options available?

Bruce.
+Quote Post
saratoga
post Apr 7 2014, 03:05
Post #4

Member No.: 3264

There are 32 bit binaries there but if they will run on XP is an interesting question. I would try and see.
+Quote Post
MrBruce
post Apr 7 2014, 05:55
Post #5

Edited: Okay adding an update I found EqualizerAPO32-0.7 if that is the latest 32 Bit one available, it installed on my Windows XP system without any errors and has requested a reboot, will post back the results.

BTW I own two computer systems, my automated software one is running Windows XP 32 bit, my main desktop uses Windows 7 Home Premium 32 Bit. Sorry neither computer's CPU processor supports 64-Bit OSes.

Bruce.

This post has been edited by MrBruce: Apr 7 2014, 06:23
+Quote Post
Juha
post Apr 7 2014, 07:32
Post #6

QUOTE (saratoga @ Apr 7 2014, 05:05) *
There are 32 bit binaries there but if they will run on XP is an interesting question. I would try and see.

APO came with Vista so I don't believe EqualizerAPO works in XP machine.

QUOTE (MrBruce @ Apr 7 2014, 07:55) *
Edited: Okay adding an update I found EqualizerAPO32-0.7 if that is the latest 32 Bit one available.

I code those GUIs in 32-bit Vista using EqualizerAPO 0.8.1. Latest binaries/sources can be found from here:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/equalizerapo/files/0.8.1/

This post has been edited by Juha: Apr 7 2014, 07:34
+Quote Post
Juha
post Apr 7 2014, 07:56
Post #7

To get globally working EQ in XP, you usually have to go the VAC (virtual audio cable) path:

http://software.muzychenko.net/eng/vac.htm (recommended) (ones I have not tested are http://vb-audio.pagesperso-orange.fr/Cable/, http://www.virtualaudiocable.net/ and there might be even more nowadays)

http://www.hermannseib.com/english/vsthost.htm (recommended) (any VST compatible recording software can be used)

http://www.asio4all.com (if needed)

VST equalizer plug-ins can be found through KVR database.

- install the VAC, host software and VST plug-in(s) (+ asio4all if needed)
- set system to use VAC for output
- set host software to take input from VAC output
- set host to use ASIO for output
- load the eq plug-in into host software (on vsthost, connect the pins in-->plugin-->out)
+Quote Post
MrBruce
post Apr 7 2014, 20:47
Post #8

Yeah it appears that the program is not working on the XP machine, it loads, but lacks some graphics and does not appear to function.

Unless someone can point out another program to use that will work, I may be stuck having to build a whole new system and use my Windows 7 machine (Not that that one is the best either)

I know with Windows 8 and 8.1 in the picture, a lot of programs will be written to accommodate that OS and hardware will be an issue with what still works and what does not. Drivers and firmware become the decision makers as to what works with what in this game.

I know this Aureal Vortex 8820 sound card is a low end relic to begin with, but then the motherboard and chipset become the next obsolete hardware issue.

I have a SoundBlaster soundcard I wish worked with XP and up, it is a really decent soundcard, however, it does not function with OSes other than Windows 95, 98 and ME, it requires a DOS shell I presume because in Windows XP and up, it does not allow drivers to install even under compatibility mode. sad.gif

Bruce.
+Quote Post
DVDdoug
post Apr 7 2014, 23:35
Post #9

Member No.: 46454

You can pick-up a hardware equalizer for around $100 USD. It would be cheaper and easier than getting a new computer!

And, you wouldn't have to worry about it becoming obsolete if you change or upgrade your operating system! (I've got one that's at least 20 years old... I don't use it on my computer... In fact, I'm not using it at all because it doesn't work with my 5.1 channel receiver.)

This post has been edited by DVDdoug: Apr 7 2014, 23:59
+Quote Post
MrBruce
post Apr 8 2014, 00:38
Post #10

Yeah I have an EQ7153 21 dual band EQ from Techical/Pro in the audio chain, my 5 band mixer is feeding it. I just wanted more control over my computer's audio before it reaches the mixer. My major problem is dealing with vocals, the mid range appear to be running out of control from track to track.

I was thinking of putting my spare Behringer Autocom Pro-XL MDX1600 in the audio chain just as it exits the computer's sound card.

Thoughts?

Bruce.

This post has been edited by MrBruce: Apr 8 2014, 00:39
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd July 2014 - 01:44