2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
i need the help of you wonderful experts!, lame
Chun-Yu
post Dec 5 2002, 19:13
Post #26

Group: Developer
Member No.: 3652

QUOTE (spicymeatball @ Dec 5 2002 - 10:10 AM)
internal release (meant to just be passed between us) will be --alt-preset standard.  releases meant for distro will have to be -b 192 -h -m s

p.s. lets not go throwing around the word "pirate" on an mp3 discussion board.....

What group would this be? Remind me to never download anything released by them (legal releases, of course wink.gif).
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
ak
post Dec 5 2002, 21:39
Post #27

Musepack Developer

Group: Members
Member No.: 309

QUOTE (Chun-Yu @ Dec 5 2002 - 08:13 PM)
What group would this be?  Remind me to never download anything released by them (legal releases, of course  ;)).

Well, don't download anything that is 192k CBR mp3, you won't miss then. smile.gif

QUOTE (spicymeatball @ Dec 5 2002 - 10:10 AM)
internal release (meant to just be passed between us) will be --alt-preset standard.  releases meant for distro will have to be -b 192 -h -m s

What a discrimination? If you don't belong the group, you can't enjoy aps quality? This is how they care about their customers. dry.gif
+Quote Post
floyd
post Dec 5 2002, 22:04
Post #28

Member No.: 2332

QUOTE (spicymeatball @ Dec 5 2002 - 09:10 AM)
yes, many divx groups even use --alt-preset standard, but i didn't clarify that i meant the video compression, as the standard is still DivX 3.11a.

nope. almost all releases I've seen lately (last 2-3 months), from big and small groups, are using xvid.
+Quote Post
Artemis3
post Feb 28 2003, 01:09
Post #29

Member No.: 68

haha, this is just getting hilarious. goodbye for now

That was an obvious Flamebait. He asked a question when he already had a choice made.

There is no such thing as a "council". If a bunch of idiots don't get it, you quit and start your own group.
For that matter, you can go and offer MPCs only, and if they don't want them, they don't get it, period. Thats how it works. The "Video scene" is diversified, many are using Xvid with ogg vorbis audio, and .ogm instead of .avi, You don't like it? Too bad, go get it elsewhere (if you can). And the same works with audio "distros".

This is the net, not a building filled of bureaucrats. If you don't wan't any advise, DON'T ASK FOR IT.

This post has been edited by Artemis3: Feb 28 2003, 01:12

--------------------
She is waiting in the air
+Quote Post
Ookami
post Mar 2 2003, 11:07
Post #30

Member No.: 183

QUOTE (floyd @ Dec 5 2002 - 10:04 PM)
QUOTE (spicymeatball @ Dec 5 2002 - 09:10 AM)
yes, many divx groups even use --alt-preset standard, but i didn't clarify that i meant the video compression, as the standard is still DivX 3.11a.

nope. almost all releases I've seen lately (last 2-3 months), from big and small groups, are using xvid.

Not only that but who cares anyway what some bunch of pirates use or do? If you want to pirate then you surely don't invest hundreds of hours in testing/beta testing/forum searching/contributing etc.

Sigh, when will this "because the pirates use it it must be good!" thinking be over? Not to mention, there even exist "MP3 release groups"? ROTFL Seems I must dig out my C=64 and read the underground mags, again biggrin.gif .

Cheers,

Mijo.

--------------------
"Stop making me older, start making me new"
+Quote Post
frozenspeed
post Mar 2 2003, 14:23
Post #31

Member No.: 301

QUOTE (Ookami @ Mar 2 2003 - 05:07 AM)
Sigh, when will this "because the pirates use it it must be good!" thinking be over?

Don't you know that when any group of people gets large enough, you start getting bureaucracy in its pure, unadulterated form, which is a bunch of bullsh*t, just as it is in real life, a gang of ignorant bullies who whine and moan because you're not holding to their illusion of an ideal standard "to make things easier" or whatever.... tongue.gif

Or I could be completely wrong.... pheer me foo' these haX0rs are 3l33t & will make things hard for you if you do not conform... ya right.

Jeff
+Quote Post
lucpes
post Mar 2 2003, 17:14
Post #32

Member No.: 254

QUOTE (spicymeatball @ Dec 5 2002 - 03:10 PM)
internal release (meant to just be passed between us) will be --alt-preset standard.  releases meant for distro will have to be -b 192 -h -m s

Just make sure you don't transcode, as people will (sooner or later) stumble upon one of your releases... smile.gif
+Quote Post
IGOR][X
post May 17 2003, 01:58
Post #33

Member No.: 2691

QUOTE (cd-rw.org @ Dec 5 2002 - 12:19 AM)
It is my understanding that MP3 distros tend to block files that are not encoded according to the "MP3 Council" standard: 192 or 256 CBR strict stereo. Yeah, I have tried telling them, but it's like talking to a wall.

The funny thing is that nothing is changed today biggrin.gif sad.gif mad.gif
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th December 2014 - 04:30