Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: REACT 2 Released (Read 1264209 times) previous topic - next topic

REACT 2 Released

REACT 2.0 is not backward compatible with version 1.0. This version is  more powerful, easier to use and configure. It uses only two  configuration scripts: REACT-image.cfg, and REACT-track.cfg. Image mode  (F10) is recommended, as it may be used for creating both an image and  tracks, and is a little more robust. With Nyaochi's excellent ACDIR, it  will split the image to tracks while encoding. You can pick and choose  from which formats you want by only editing a few characters in the  .cfg file. See examples below.

NEWS
  • Only one configuration file for each mode (image/track).
  • Simpler user-configuration, located in first section of .cfg file (Alt-F3).
  • Built-in support for CoverDownloader (albumart.exe). Runs when hitting F10/F4. Alt-F10 for CoverDownloader only.
  • Adds cover pictures to FLAC (with 1.1.3beta) and MP3 by using my new tool, metamp3.exe
  • Optionally scans and tags ReplayGain for all formats. May also apply album gain on MP3/AAC files.
  • Writes ID3v2.3 ReplayGain tags on MP3's (Winamp/Foobar compatible), via metamp3.exe
  • Should fix random REACT exiting, reported by some users.
  • User may now minimize EAC while ripping (EAC will auto-restore when ripping done, and save log).
  • Accepts both "Various" and "Various Artists" as compilation disk.
  • If  CreateAllCuesheets=1 is set in INI file, and EAC is set up to extract  to a fixed directory, REACT will save all types of cuesheets when  hitting F4/F10. Cuesheets can be accessed from scripts by @albumfile@  variable. E.g. "@albumfile@.[mg].cue"
  • The (unsafe) @islast@ variable for track mode is not supported anymore. Use @track@==@numtracks@ test instead, or image mode.
FEATURES
The wiki has more info : http://wiki.hydrogenaudio.org/index.php?title=REACT

More information and download in the thread REACT 2, EAC plugin
I'm on a horse.

REACT 2 Released

Reply #1
i'm new to this tool. is it possible to rip as image, then replaygain, write this replaygain information to the cuesheet and then encode wavpack with embedded cue and log ?

REACT 2 Released

Reply #2
If you rip as image, you may encode to either a wavpack image or to wavpack tracks.

For tracks, set ImageExt=wav in REACT.ini and Wavpack=1 in REACT-image.cfg.
For image, set ImageExt=wv in REACT.ini and Wavpack=0 in REACT-image.cfg. It will embed both cuesheet and log file as tags in the image. For wv-images, REACT (wvgain actually) can only compute album gain (not track gain for individual tracks). Replaygain will be stored as tags in the image file only - not in the cuesheet.

However, if you encode to wavpack tracks, it will compute both album and track gain values and tag them to the track files. Make sure ReplayGain=1 in the .cfg file.

edit: just realized that for wavpack images, no replaygain computation is done. You will have to add
    if %ReplayGain%==1 @tools@\wvgain.exe -a "@image@"
after the wavpack.exe call in the .cfg file.

REACT 2 Released

Reply #3
Hi Tycho,

With embedded cuesheets (Especially with FLAC), foobar2000 rewrites (the embedded cuesheet) all the track PERFORMER's to "Various" if you use "-T artist="@artist@"" tag on Various Artists images. Replacing the ARTIST tag with the  ALBUM ARTIST tag would fix this problem.

Is it possible to set up 2 scenarios in the config file; one for regular images (with ARTIST tag) and one for VA's (with ALBUM ARTIST tag)?

Thanks,

Dirk
Surf's Up!
"Columnated Ruins Domino"

REACT 2 Released

Reply #4
Hi Tycho,

With embedded cuesheets (Especially with FLAC), foobar2000 rewrites (the embedded cuesheet) all the track PERFORMER's to "Various" if you use "-T artist="@artist@"" tag on Various Artists images. Replacing the ARTIST tag with the  ALBUM ARTIST tag would fix this problem.

Is it possible to set up 2 scenarios in the config file; one for regular images (with ARTIST tag) and one for VA's (with ALBUM ARTIST tag)?
This has only come to my attention recently, possibly due to behavioural changes in foobar 0.9, or possibly that I generally use ACDIR in my REACT script.  It is a reasonable issue really, considering REACT and foobar's userbase.

I would certainly favour using ARTIST or ALBUM ARTIST depending on the situation.  It seems that this could be done using something like:

Code: [Select]
if @various@==0 set ArtistField=artist
if @various@==1 set ArtistField=album artist
@tools@\flac.exe %Flac_opt% %Flac_RG% %Flac_RG% %Flac_cover% -T "%ArtistField%=@cdartist@" -T album="@album@"...
@tools@\wavpack.exe %Wavpack_opt% -w "%ArtistField%=@cdartist@" -w album="@album@"...

... possibly.

Also note the use of @cdartist@ and not @artist@.
I'm on a horse.

REACT 2 Released

Reply #5
You know, I never had to uninstall REACT v1.0.  How do you do it?  Just delete the folder?

Robert

REACT 2 Released

Reply #6
I am a total newbie to REACT, sorry.

How do I get it to make a FLAC CDImage and loose mp3s? 

Waht should I change and how?

Greetz

REACT 2 Released

Reply #7
Awesome release.  Keep up the good work.
Zune 80, Tak -p4 audio library, Lossless=Choice

REACT 2 Released

Reply #8
Can't wait to try this release tonight when I get home.

I'm also wondering can the disc ID be saved to a tag?

REACT 2 Released

Reply #9
Just set it up to work with flake and metaflac for adding the cuesheet. Works beautifully. React rocks!
Veni Vidi Vorbis.

REACT 2 Released

Reply #10
It seems that the following section in REACT-image.cfg is failing if @cover@ is containing a closing parenthesis, ")":

if exist "@cover@" (
    set Flac_cover=--picture="|image/jpeg|||@cover@"
    set MetaFlac_cover=--import-picture="|image/jpeg|||@cover@"
    set MetaMP3_cover=--pict "{3}@cover@"
    set AacTag_cover_acdir=-add-cover:front:$q@cover@$q
    set add_cover=1
    set add_meta=1
)

It fails silently on the "set AacTag_cover_acdir=..." line as the closing parenthesis in @cover@ isn't inside a "quoted string". The following code seems to work around the issue:

if not exist "@cover@" goto end_cover
    set Flac_cover=--picture="|image/jpeg|||@cover@"
    set MetaFlac_cover=--import-picture="|image/jpeg|||@cover@"
    set MetaMP3_cover=--pict "{3}@cover@"
    set AacTag_cover_acdir=-add-cover:front:$q@cover@$q
    set add_cover=1
    set add_meta=1
:end_cover

I hope this helps. Thanks for a great tool!

REACT 2 Released

Reply #11
So I just tried it out and like the new config but I have some questions.

• Accepts both "Various" and "Various Artists" as compilation disk.

How do I get:

\Various Artist\$album$

when EAC only uses Various? The wiki mentions @Various-destN@ but I have no idea how to use it. Thanks.

REACT 2 Released

Reply #12
I am a total newbie to REACT, sorry.
We are all noobs to v2.0, which has a very different format to v1, so I'm afraid we're all in the same position.  Take a look at the readme and experiment.

Isn't that the @freedbid@ token?  I think it is...

How do I get:

\Various Artist\$album$

when EAC only uses Various? The wiki mentions @Various-destN@ but I have no idea how to use it.
Sorry wolfsong, I forget: do you use images or tracks?

In REACT-image.cfg you have lines like:

set Flac_ImageDir=%OutRoot%\Flac-Images\$cdartist$

You could add somewhere (soon) below this something like:

IF @various@==1 set Flac_ImageDir=%OutRoot%\Flac-Images\Various Artists
I'm on a horse.

REACT 2 Released

Reply #13
I also found the tag lines for embedding the cuesheet & eaclog in FLAC incorrect. You need to change the tag line to: "--tag-from-file" instead of "-T".
Surf's Up!
"Columnated Ruins Domino"

REACT 2 Released

Reply #14
Isn't that the @freedbid@ token?  I think it is...
Actually I should have been more specific. I meant the TOC which I don't think is the same as @freedbid@.
Sorry wolfsong, I forget: do you use images or tracks?

I had been using images to get AG (never figured out how to do this in v1) and just deleting the image files. Now I just need tracks.

REACT 2 Released

Reply #15
Thanks for all the great feedback. I have uploaded a new beta:
beta 2:
  • Fixed problem with AAC cover tag (thx hanning)
  • Fixed flac file tagging from file - now uses --tag-from-file (thx drbeachboy)
  • Sets either "album" or "album artist" tag on images, depending on @various@ (thx drbeachboy and synthetic soul)
  • Adds "album artist" tag to track files on various-artists albums (in addition to artist).
  • Using new variable %AlbumArtist%. Default to "Album Artist" for various-artists albums.
  • Added "encoded-by" tag for flac and vorbis
Note that REACT.exe is unchanged (version change only). The modifications are in the .cfg files only.

@wolfsong: What TOC are you talking about? The cuesheet is a kind of a TOC. @freedbid@ is the freedb id number.

REACT 2 Released

Reply #16
@wolfsong: What TOC are you talking about? The cuesheet is a kind of a TOC. @freedbid@ is the freedb id number.

I thought there was a unique disc ID or TOC from the CD that I could tag. From my understanding the freedb id is generated by freedb.

REACT 2 Released

Reply #17
AFAIK, there is no explicit ID stored on the CD, but freedb can generate a (fairly) unique id from the table of content (TOC) of CD, which it uses for lookup in the database. The TOC itself is basically the info in the raw cuesheet (without titles/names).

REACT 2 Released

Reply #18
AFAIK, there is no explicit ID stored on the CD, but freedb can generate a (fairly) unique id from the table of content (TOC) of CD, which it uses for lookup in the database. The TOC itself is basically the info in the raw cuesheet (without titles/names).

hmmm for some reason I though the TOC itself could be tagged and there was a specific frame for this

REACT 2 Released

Reply #20
There is ISRC (International Standards Recoding Code per track stored in the sub-codes) and UPC (universal product code per disc). Both of these are optional and are not implemented anywhere near 50% of cds.

REACT 2 Released

Reply #21
Thanks for the great release tycho!  This version is much easier to configure and run.

My question, for anyone, is how can I have REACT run the post-processing when there is a data track.  And how can I have it encode even when I have read errors?

Thanks!

REACT 2 Released

Reply #22
My question, for anyone, is how can I have REACT run the post-processing when there is a data track.
Unfortunately, this is not possible with this release. Actually, it only worked sometimes in REACT 1, so I removed the support for @islast@.  Instead, you can extract using image mode. It will split the image into tracks while encoding. This will give the same result as EAC track mode (but you always get all tracks on the CD).
And how can I have it encode even when I have read errors?
As long as you are able to rip the image (even with read errors), it will encode, so I'm not sure what you mean here.

Cheers.

REACT 2 Released

Reply #23
 excellent, I like the new version. Struggled a little bit at the beginning as I copied over the cfg to EAC dir, and wondered, why it was not used until I changed than the cfg within react 2 directory 

how can I use the album cover downloader, where do I have to download the cover to ?.. it comes up with a  jpg list and I guess, that I have to define than the relevant directory ??

edit: so the problem was probably related to not finding the cover at all of the latest Renaissance mix...

REACT 2 Released

Reply #24
I'm having a problem with CoverArtDownloader. It seems to not use the filename specified in the settings and instead does something like ImageDir.jpg.

Also, could a hotkey option be added to launch CAD manually with the values passed?