Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_menu_addons (Read 165098 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_menu_addons

Reply #50

hi,
i have a request for an addtional "move"command: Move after currently playing
This would be quite useful in large playlists. Maybe also a quick way to move tracks between different playlists?

ok, will be added.

Would you consider to add all the Move commands under one submenu?

foo_menu_addons

Reply #51
Would you consider to add all the Move commands under one submenu?

they are.
they are located at: Edit -> Selection. what you see in the context menu is not my code, foobar will automatically add them if they are in "Edit -> Selection".

EDIT: I know what you mean now. will be like that for the next release.

foo_menu_addons

Reply #52
what was the component that has the startup playlist functionality? the post seems to be deleted.
anyway, I've written the code before that post, just wondering if to remove my code for that.
Can't find it as well. It is foo_cmd_playlist by user AlexVallat.

EDIT: http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....&pid=418060

foo_menu_addons

Reply #53
deleted.

foo_menu_addons

Reply #54
@Squeller and mazy,
good news for you guys, hopping functionality has been added, check the first post.

@mazy,
your old request of expanding the selection by directory, album and artist has been added.

@Infernus,
you request has been included with 0.3

foo_menu_addons

Reply #55
@Squeller and mazy,
good news for you guys, hopping functionality has been added, check the first post.

Great news, thank you! Acropolis, can you change it in a way, that if jumping to previous, it should jump to the first entry, which makes more sense.

a
a
a
b to here.
b
b
b
c
c from here...

foo_menu_addons

Reply #57

can you change it in a way, that if jumping to previous, it should jump to the first entry, which makes more sense.
ok, done.

Thank you so much! The expand selection commands are a very useful addition as well.
One question: Do all commands a case insensitive compare of tags? (which I recommend)

foo_menu_addons

Reply #58
One question: Do all commands a case insensitive compare of tags? (which I recommend)

ar. I fogot. used wrong function call.
I'll release a new one that is case insensitive, also the expand should expand all the selected items.

EDIT: updated, now is case insensitive.

foo_menu_addons

Reply #59
Thanks Acropolis. One minor suggestion, then I think jumping is perfect:

It should jump backwards to the beginning of the current tag scheme, if it is not the first one. What I mean is:

a
a
a
b to here.
b
b
b from here...
b
c
c

At the moment it jumps to the first a.

foo_menu_addons

Reply #61
Well, true, I'm sorry. Now I know it better, I just realized it now when testing it.

It's because if you are e.g. in the middle of an album, you expect the plugin to jump to the first entry of the current album at first. Otherwise we'd have to go back and then one forward... HELP! Mazy will probably agree

foo_menu_addons

Reply #62
ok.
that make sense. I'll change it.

foo_menu_addons

Reply #63
done, download again.

foo_menu_addons

Reply #64
It's because if you are e.g. in the middle of an album, you expect the plugin to jump to the first entry of the current album at first. Otherwise we'd have to go back and then one forward... HELP! Mazy will probably agree

yes, that's the way it worked before and what's imho logical. now i'm going to test what it does in case you're on first track of an album and backjump .

acropolis, big "thank you", you made my day (after i realized i payed about 33 euro on fees for just one bank transfer, stupid me). i wasn't hoping for this to get implemented this soon after your last post on the subject - plus you even did selection expand! hurray

edit: everything works as should, only one minor thing - i would like the jump to start from the playing track in the playing playlist. atm it starts from the focused one.

the reason i would like it to start from playing item is that i could work on some playlist while listening to different one - and quickly change playback to the next / previous group there. on the other side, this current behavior may be preferred by some users.

also another small issue - it seems i can't use the jump commands from command line (/command:), as there are two sets of commands with the same text, one in "next" and the other in "previous" submenu. is there any way to work around this? maybe adding special command line parameter like /jump:"next directory" or something like that.

foo_menu_addons

Reply #65
everything works as should, only one minor thing - i would like the jump to start from the playing track in the playing playlist. atm it starts from the focused one.

this current behavior may be preferred by some users.

also another small issue - it seems i can't use the jump commands from command line (/command:), as there are two sets of commands with the same text, one in "next" and the other in "previous" submenu. is there any way to work around this? maybe adding special command line parameter like /jump:"next directory" or something like that.

I think a better solution is those jump only items will be valid to the active playlist, but those jump and play items will be valid to the playing playlist when playing songs.

but for the commandline, I won't add it, because I don't see a reason for it.

foo_menu_addons

Reply #66
I think a better solution is those jump only items will be valid to the active playlist, but those jump and play items will be valid to the playing playlist when playing songs.

that's exactly what i thought . it could confuse some ppl though, you would have to state it in the changelog at least once .

but for the commandline, I won't add it, because I don't see a reason for it.

well i use remote control and i map it's buttons in software provided to actions like "run command", and i set it up to run foobar with menu command given as "/command:" parameter. i found workaround using hotkeys (mapping to F19/F20 in the software and then using this in foobar), but it would be nice to be able to use it from command line too. for example i use shortcuts on my taskbar to execute some not-basic-playback commands like that. but there's that 0.9 limitation of not providing menu path.

foo_menu_addons

Reply #67
just tried a lot of times, it seems that it's not possible to jump to the other songs to play which is not next to the current playing one when active playlist is not the playing playlist.

so everything remains unchanged.

foo_menu_addons

Reply #68
this in playlist_manager wouldn't work?

//! Executes default doubleclick/enter action for specified item on specified playlist (starts playing the item unless overridden by a lock to do something else).
virtual bool playlist_execute_default_action(t_size p_playlist,t_size p_item) = 0;

foo_menu_addons

Reply #69
this in playlist_manager wouldn't work?

//! Executes default doubleclick/enter action for specified item on specified playlist (starts playing the item unless overridden by a lock to do something else).
virtual bool playlist_execute_default_action(t_size p_playlist,t_size p_item) = 0;

no it doesn't work, it will play a song that in the active playlist, and the index to play is not as specified if active playlist is not the same as the playing playlist.

foo_menu_addons

Reply #71
edit: everything works as should, only one minor thing - i would like the jump to start from the playing track in the playing playlist. atm it starts from the focused one.

the reason i would like it to start from playing item is that i could work on some playlist while listening to different one - and quickly change playback to the next / previous group there. on the other side, this current behavior may be preferred by some users.

I agree (33%, for the other 67% I rather like it as it is) only if you mean the commands "jump to xxx AND PLAY". The non playing should behave as they do. I use them for a page up/down replacement. For the non playing commands, your idea would be confusing.

foo_menu_addons

Reply #72
An inconsistency: When you apply "jump to next ..." continously, it does a cycle, after the end it starts from the beginning of the playlist. It does not go from the beginning to the end, if you go backwards.

To me it is not relevant, however it behaves in this case.

foo_menu_addons

Reply #73
An inconsistency: When you apply "jump to next ..." continously, it does a cycle, after the end it starts from the beginning of the playlist. It does not go from the beginning to the end, if you go backwards.

To me it is not relevant, however it behaves in this case.

I don't understand what you really mean, I just guess the problem you are talking about is fixed in 0.3.4.

foo_menu_addons

Reply #74
Two request, if possible:

1) Can we have the jump group in the context menu too?

2) Can we have a "jump 10 ahead" and "... behind" ?

Of course, I say 10 but I could say 20 or 30. It could be handy when having to scroll with a remote (I sometimes have to do it from the bedroom watching the PC screen on the TV set).
This should be avalaible in the keyboard shorcut list so we could maybe have all the different jump length ready (like seek ahead...) with no need of a custom setting.

Thanks for listening.