IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> foobar2000 General Forum Rules

This is NOT a tech support forum.
Tech support questions go to foobar2000 Tech Support forum instead.

See also: Hydrogenaudio Terms of Service.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Change default double click action
synthc
post Aug 23 2014, 20:52
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 113431

I've started using foobar as a video organizer and I'm wondering if there's a way to change the default double click action from 'play' to 'open containing folder'. Also would it be at all possible to specify a program to open files with (ex. Media Player Classic)?

This post has been edited by synthc: Aug 23 2014, 20:59
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
mire777
post Aug 23 2014, 21:15
Post #2

Member No.: 100550

QUOTE (synthc @ Aug 23 2014, 21:52) *
I've started using foobar as a video and image organizer and I'm wondering if there's a way to change the default double click action from 'play' to 'open containing folder'. Also would it be at all possible to specify a program to open files with (ex. Windows Photo Viewer)?

If you want to open other programs or files in that program trough foobar, you can use foo_run.dll : link
Yes you can open containing folder with double click, but probably you must use some modified WSH playlist for this.
If you use default playlist, then i think that this isn't possible, you must right click>open containing folder or create your button that do this..

Funny, i didn't know that foobar by default can display image in panel, i now see that this is possible biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by mire777: Aug 23 2014, 21:37
+Quote Post
synthc
post Aug 23 2014, 21:54
Post #3

Thanks for the link. I've installed foo_run, but I can't seem to get it to show up in the context menu; 'run services' is selected in display>context menu, but it's not showing up when I right click.

EDIT: Nevermind, it doesn't seem to work for certain file types; it works for most videos though.

This post has been edited by synthc: Aug 23 2014, 21:56
+Quote Post
mire777
post Aug 23 2014, 22:43
Post #4

QUOTE (synthc @ Aug 23 2014, 22:54) *
Thanks for the link. I've installed foo_run, but I can't seem to get it to show up in the context menu; 'run services' is selected in display>context menu, but it's not showing up when I right click.

EDIT: Nevermind, it doesn't seem to work for certain file types; it works for most videos though.

Yes, it seem's that this work for certain file types only...

This post has been edited by mire777: Aug 23 2014, 23:29
+Quote Post
synthc
post Aug 23 2014, 23:35
Post #5

I've gotten foo_run working (I can play .sids with sidplay instead of foo_sid biggrin.gif), but I would still like to be able to change the default double click action. I'm using separate foobar portable installations for my music, video, and SID libraries. For my video library I'd like to change the default action to 'open containing folder' as mentioned in my first post, and for my SID library I'd like to change it to my run service command that runs sidplay2w.exe %path%

EDIT: On second thought, it'll probably be easier just to create a hotkey and map it to my mouse for this.

This post has been edited by synthc: Aug 23 2014, 23:54
+Quote Post
mire777
post Aug 23 2014, 23:44
Post #6

QUOTE (synthc @ Aug 24 2014, 00:35) *
I've gotten foo_run working (I can play .sids with sidplay instead of foo_sid biggrin.gif), but I would still like to be able to change the default double click action. I'm using separate foobar portable installations for my music, video, and SID libraries. For my video library I'd like to change the default action to 'open containing folder' as mentioned in my first post, and for my SID library I'd like to change it to my run service command that runs sidplay2w.exe %path%

This is possible with WSH playlist, but you must to modify script..
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st October 2014 - 10:45