Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
FLAC plugin bug, WinAmp 2 - plugin v1.1.0
Moguta
post Apr 12 2003, 03:33
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 2395

When I am encoding with the command-line FLAC encoder, the FLAC plugin (1.1.0 for WinAmp 2) returns "Error while stopping decoding thread" at the end of playing any FLAC file. (Meaning I have FLAC encoding & WinAmp decoding a different FLAC file, at the same time.)

I hadn't thought that the command-line encoder would interfere with the WinAmp plugin, but it appears otherwise, oddly.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
X-Fixer
post Apr 14 2003, 07:22
Post #2

Member No.: 4129

for me, it's hard to believe that such effect exists. (I mean just running flac and winamp2 plug-in at the same time should work fine). may be it's because you are changing files being played or something?
+Quote Post
Morphix
post Apr 14 2003, 09:04
Post #3

Member No.: 5556

Here is what you do:

1. Find an old power supply from a pc that is no longer used.
2. Lay your current computer on its side on a flat surface.
3. Grab the power supply by the wires and wave it over the pc.
4. Jazz up this procedure like you are a voodoo doctor holding a shrunken head.

--------------------
Proud member of the FLAC and MPC evangelism
+Quote Post
Moguta
post Apr 15 2003, 00:09
Post #4

Hrm. I can't get it to reproduce the happening.

I was encoding some files into FLAC with Multi Frontend, and whenever a track changed or stopped in WinAmp the plugin would display the error.

It hasn't happened since... even while using FLAC & Multi Frontend. huh.gif
+Quote Post
Moguta
post Apr 15 2003, 00:38
Post #5

Actually, it hasn't happened since becase I've been using your plugin instead, X-Fixer. =p

But I think I found it isn't FLAC directly. I'm able to encode FLAC command-line with no problems, but when I convert from one format to another (APE->FLAC for example) using Multi Frontend, it displays the error upon trying to change tracks in WinAmp. (I loaded up the 1.1.0 plugin again)

I'm even MORE baffled about how Multi Frontend could be conflicting with the plugin... but as I said, your custom plugin (with ReplayGain info) doesn't have a problem.

This post has been edited by Moguta: Apr 15 2003, 00:39
+Quote Post
Morphix
post Apr 15 2003, 00:50
Post #6

Member No.: 5556

I just archived 85 cd's using flac....and playing back using x-fixer's plugin. Not once did it give me any problems. I am however using a ICL6 compiled flac binary, with speeks multienc frontend. You really are barking up the wrong tree here, the processes don't share the same memory space so there is no way in hellz bellz this could happen.

--------------------
Proud member of the FLAC and MPC evangelism
+Quote Post
Annuka
post Apr 15 2003, 01:40
Post #7

Member No.: 1233

QUOTE (Moguta @ Apr 12 2003 - 04:33 AM)
When I am encoding with the command-line FLAC encoder, the FLAC plugin (1.1.0 for WinAmp 2) returns "Error while stopping decoding thread" at the end of playing any FLAC file.  (Meaning I have FLAC encoding & WinAmp decoding a different FLAC file, at the same time.)

It is very likely you have a hardware problem. I know this sounds strange - your computer has probably been running perfectly for a long time. I have however experienced this myself - see old post link below.

Be very happy (thank X-fixer) that the Winamp plugin stops playback with a decode error. The old 1.04 plugin ignored errors and just output crap to your speakers.

See this old post for more.
+Quote Post
X-Fixer
post Apr 15 2003, 06:59
Post #8

Member No.: 4129

in fact, it only ignored "lost sync" errors (and does the same now, when option is unchecked).
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd September 2014 - 08:38