Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: CUETools versions 1.9.5 through 2.1.6 (Read 1907736 times) previous topic - next topic

CUETools versions 1.9.5 through 2.1.5 (current)

Reply #2575
All I did was install two components in PoL: dotnet20sp2 and vcrun2008.

So why do I get that message when trying to access files on an external?

Reply #2576
The prerequisites aren't the problem. There is another [a href='index.php?showtopic=107574']topic[/a] started with a similar issue with an external hard drive.
korth

Reply #2577
Hello,

I have not been able to get the tag i've recently add to musicbrainz with cueripper.
I'm able to see it when i click on the musicbrainz logo at the bottom of cueripper

If i'm not mistaken cueripper get the musicbrainz data from another server and there is an announcement about a change in the DB :
http://blog.musicbrainz.org/2014/11/22/sch...ions-schema-21/

Could it be possible look at it ?

Regards,

Reply #2578
Thanks, i'm working on that.
CUETools 2.1.6

Reply #2579
Now when FLAC v1.3.1 is out is there any chance we could get it added to CUETools/Ripper

Reply #2580
any chance of this being addressed? 

i'm sure i've had the tak decoder working before but i can't get it working at all now.  all i'm looking to do is verify files. if i try and modify the path to takc.exe in the options, it doesn't make any difference. also, on a restart, this change is lost and it resets to default. i've also tried putting takc.exe in the cuetools folder and that didn't work either. this is the error:

Object reference not set to an instance of an object..

using 2.1.5.

edit: 2.1.4 works fine. i can set the path to takc.exe in my encoders folder, job done. i guess i must have used that previously.. 

i re-downloaded 2.1.5 just now to be sure it hasn't been fixed since then.

Reply #2581
Is there any chance that CUETools' "Correct filenames" action could be enhanced to handle image rips that have been split already? Right now it's only possible through a multi-step process:
It would be nice if CUETools could just do this in one swoop, and without having to rely on the eachelper site which is partially broken. Or is there such a feature that I'm just overlooking?

I tried to see if this was a feature of the little-known CUE Corrector, but its interface is even more cryptic than that of CUETools, so I have yet to figure out if it has a place in my workflow.

Reply #2582
i re-downloaded 2.1.5 just now to be sure it hasn't been fixed since then.

Actually a fellow user sent a patch and i committed it couple of months ago, so it's just a matter of uploading a new build.

Is there any chance that CUETools' "Correct filenames" action could be enhanced to handle image rips that have been split already?

I'll try.
CUETools 2.1.6

Reply #2583
Huh, that's weird. I've been using 2.1.5 all the time and had no problems decoding tak files (my whole library is in tak). Is the bug affecting setting the path on 2.1.5 and I am not affected because I've already set it on 2.1.4?

Reply #2584
Is the bug affecting setting the path on 2.1.5 and I am not affected because I've already set it on 2.1.4?

This. Downloading CUETools 2.1.4, setting takc.exe correctly, and then updating to 2.1.5 worked for me.

Reply #2585
thanks for the tips. i managed to get it working on a clean 2.1.5 install by opening settings.txt and replacing this:

Code: [Select]
ExternalDecoders=0

with:

ExternalDecoder0Name=takc
ExternalDecoder0Extension=tak
ExternalDecoder0Path=D:\Applications\foobar2000\encoders\takc.exe
ExternalDecoder0Parameters=-d %I -
ExternalDecoders=1

Actually a fellow user sent a patch and i committed it couple of months ago, so it's just a matter of uploading a new build.

that's good news.

Reply #2586
Now when FLAC v1.3.1 is out is there any chance we could get it added to CUETools/Ripper

Experimental build of CUETools 2.1.6 with libFLAC 1.3.1 and has been released: http://www.cuetools.net/wiki/CUETools_Download. It also has some bugfixes and a heavily optimised built in flac encoder that produces noticeably smaller files than libFLAC, based on window functions discovered by ktf.
CUETools 2.1.6

Reply #2587
Thanks!

Reply #2588

Experimental build of CUETools 2.1.6 with libFLAC 1.3.1 and has been released: http://www.cuetools.net/wiki/CUETools_Download. It also has some bugfixes and a heavily optimised built in flac encoder that produces noticeably smaller files than libFLAC, based on window functions discovered by ktf.

Thnx a lot Gregory

Reply #2589
This is how the new flake compares to flac etc on an AMD Phenom II X4 970 @3.5GHz:

Set 1: a few albums (wav 44.1kHz 16bit): 2:33:09, 1 630 978 738 bytes
flac 1.2.1  lv8  0:51 (180x) 809 645 691 (49,64%) [+/- 0MB]
flac 1.3.1  lv8  0:24 (383x) 807 720 851 (49,52%) [- 1,8MB]
flac 1.3.1  lv8e 1:27 (106x) 805 230 363 (49,37%) [- 4,2MB]
flake 2.1.6 lv8  0:51 (180x) 802 127 311 (49,18%) [- 7,2MB]
flake 2.1.6 lv11 1:27 (106x) 796 043 061 (48,80%) [-13,0MB]
tak  2.3.0  p4m  1:28 (104x) 755 009 174 (46,29%) [-52,1MB]

Set 2: hires album (wav 48kHz 24bit): 1:13:58, 1 280 307 724 bytes
flac 1.2.1  lv8  1:04 ( 69x) 918 175 228 (71,71%) [+/- 0MB]
flac 1.3.1  lv8  0:26 (171x) 916 311 947 (71,56%) [- 1,8MB]
flac 1.3.1  lv8e 2:02 ( 36x) 915 515 373 (71,50%) [- 2,5MB]
flake 2.1.6 lv8  0:32 (139x) 914 593 071 (71,43%) [- 3,4MB]
flake 2.1.6 lv11 0:58 ( 77x) 910 734 255 (71,13%) [- 7,1MB]
tak  2.3.0  p4m  0:54 ( 82x) 893 934 332 (69,82%) [-23,1MB]

Set 3: hires album (wav 96kHz 24bit): 0:53:48, 1 863 301 258 bytes
flac 1.2.1  lv8  1:29 (36x) 1 222 429 935 (65,60%) [+/- 0MB]
flac 1.3.1  lv8  0:33 (98x) 1 216 111 317 (65,26%) [- 6,0MB]
flac 1.3.1  lv8e 2:50 (19x) 1 204 972 348 (64,66%) [-16,6MB]
flake 2.1.6 lv8  0:48 (67x) 1 183 381 592 (63,50%) [-37,2MB]
flake 2.1.6 lv11 1:06 (49x) 1 181 718 745 (63,42%) [-38,8MB]
tak  2.3.0  p4m  1:06 (49x) 1 168 977 920 (62,73%) [-51,0MB]

Not bad, not bad at all.

Reply #2590
Experimental build of CUETools 2.1.6 with libFLAC 1.3.1 and has been released:

Tried it sortly and I I encounter these annoying two features:
-CUE converter sometimes doesn't transfer ISRC codes from old to new CUE (specially when converting Image->Tracks
  Image->Image seems OK
-CUE converter does log undesired conversion from Unicode to ANSI (can't be checkloged anymore)
can be fixed in next build plz

Reply #2591
Been thinking a little here  ...... what about making CUETools look/scan for the 3rd Party Encoders that it can use in it's 'installation' folder, ie. in the root folder or in a subfolder called say 'encoders' or something like that.

Think this would be a great function to have added

Reply #2592
Hello,

I have a few hundred CDs I want to transfer onto my various digital music players and I'm perfecting my ripping process.

For long term archival, I'm creating a single uncompressed wav+cue files using EAC.  I tried cueripper but it did not work correctly in secure mode with my drive (LG GBW-H20L).  It continuously reread every block many times taking forever and eventually overheating the drive causing it to shutdown and terminate the rip.  So I could only use burst mode with cueripper.  EAC works perfectly with this same drive and on the same disks using secure mode so unless there's a fix I'll have to stick with EAC.

I then use cuetools to split the wav and compress each song into m4a lossy AAC using the nero plugin.

This is mostly working but I have a few questions/comments:
(1) cueripper has a nice function for searching online to find album art, and then allowing user to click through the options to the right one.  But I can't use cueripper per above issue.  cuetools doesn't seem to have a working function to find album art so I've been manually finding it and placing a folder.jpg file in the input directory, which cuetools automatically finds and then properly embeds into each m4a file.  This works but its manual.  Is there a way to find and select album art directly in cuetools or is that feature only in cueripper?  If so, I suggest a feature enhancement to include the same album art search and select feature in cuetools.

(2)  Per my above process, cuetools is creating the artist and album directories and song files, hence assigning the names to these.  But its making annoying character substitutions and I can't seem to find any option setting to stop it from doing so.  It sometimes replaces legal filename characters such as ' ! and ? with _.  The weird thing is that is doesn't do this 100% of the time.  I don't understand the pattern for when it does or does not substitute characters.  Can anyone explain?  Any way to turn this off or control it or is there a good reason for why its doing this and I should learn to love it?

Thank you!

Reply #2593
I can't help with the drive but I'll try with the 2 points.

(1) As you already figured out, the 'Album art search' is not yet functioning in CUETools. However since you are currently using EAC to rip WAV+CUE why don't you select your cover art at that time? Using the CTDB EAC Plugin would get you to the same cover art as CUERipper. You could also use the freedb Metadata Plugin (if it was installed) to find covers. The cover art is saved with the same filename as the CUE and WAV so in CUETools you could add the string %filename%.jpg to the Local cover art search so CUETools can find it. This only works with .jpg files and may not work in batch modes due to a popup window.

(2) First off ? is not a legal filename character. You can't use  / \ : * ? " < > | in Windows folder or file names. Because the substitutions do not happen all the time, the changes may be imported with the Metadata and CUETools may be just reading the characters as they are. However, the setting in CUETools that would handle this is the Remove special characters except: found under Force ANSI filenames (if both are checked).
korth

Reply #2594
I can't help with the drive but I'll try with the 2 points.

(1) As you already figured out, the 'Album art search' is not yet functioning in CUETools. However since you are currently using EAC to rip WAV+CUE why don't you select your cover art at that time? Using the CTDB EAC Plugin would get you to the same cover art as CUERipper. You could also use the freedb Metadata Plugin (if it was installed) to find covers. The cover art is saved with the same filename as the CUE and WAV so in CUETools you could add the string %filename%.jpg to the Local cover art search so CUETools can find it. This only works with .jpg files and may not work in batch modes due to a popup window.

(2) First off ? is not a legal filename character. You can't use  / \ : * ? " < > | in Windows folder or file names. Because the substitutions do not happen all the time, the changes may be imported with the Metadata and CUETools may be just reading the characters as they are. However, the setting in CUETools that would handle this is the Remove special characters except: found under Force ANSI filenames (if both are checked).

Thank you!  Very helpful!

(1)  I've previously tried to get the album art feature of EAC working and failed but your comments encouraged me to try again and I found the problem.  I had both the freedb and ctdb plugins installed, but I didn't notice the button to swap metadata lookup engines and had not tried the freedb mode.  I was using the CTDB plugin but the default install of the latest EAC included v2.1.3, which didn't include the album art lookup feature.  I copied the latest CTDB plugin v2.1.5 into the EAC directory and now album art is working for CTDB metadata lookups.  I tried the freedb artwork lookup engine and it also works.  GREAT!

I also used the method you described to setup CUETools 2.1.5 to find the album art file from EAC.  Works great!  I see what you mean about it breaking batch mode with the popup window.  Probably would be a good change if they skipped the popup window when only one file is found and just selected it automatically.  As it is I have to accept the one file even though there are no other options, and therefore can't use batch mode.

(2)  Okay, I'll just get used to having the filenames contain _ substitution characters.  The proper names do propagate all the way through in CUE files and tags and most of my players are smart enough to display the tag info instead of filename these days.

You helped me improve my automation.  Thank you.  I'll still think of you as I rip the 500th CD!

Reply #2595
Am new to CUERipper and would like to use it to encode Opus.

Checking the forum found post by aarcane Oct 13 2014, 02:54 "I've discovered another small bug using the opus codec.  The opus codec goes into a file with .opus as the extension, but the container is simply a standard ogg container.  Therefore, taglib/ogg should be used to add tags, however, taglib is attempting to use taglib/opus, which is not defined.  Other than the present inability to tag .opus files, the opus container seems to work simply by pointing the encoder at opustools.  This is occuring as of cuetools 2.1.5.  Opus tools is available from here:  http://www.opus-codec.org/downloads/ and I used the following settings to configure opus encoding..."

Has CUETools 2.1.6 eliminated these Opus bugs?

Thanks

Ken

Reply #2596
Recently heard about Opus Audio Format and was impressed with the audio quality.

Would like to run some audio tests using my own CDs.

Did some searching concerning Windows CD Rippers with ability to encode Opus and decided to use CUERipper.  Checked the CUERipper Settings page and was overwhelmed by the options.

Appreciate any suggestions concerning what has worked best for all types of music.

Thanks

Ken

Reply #2597

There is another way to handle those illegal characters - using the full width alternatives (? vs ?). This makes filenames partially unicode, but most players should be able to handle them nowadays.
Sadly, CUETools doesn't seem to support foobar2000's $replace() function (hint hint), so I'm leaving the "force ANSI names" options checked and then running a "File operations -> rename to" action in foobar2000, with the renaming pattern looking like this:
$replace($ifgreater(%totaldiscs%,1,%discnumber%.,)%tracknumber%. [%artist% - ]%title%,':','?','*','?','?','?','"','”','<','?','>','?','|','?')

This handles all illegal characters except the / \ characters. There is actually a full width /, namely ?, but foobar2000 won't let / be replaced by anything, so those have to be renamed by hand.

Reply #2598
That would work, yes, but might be confusing for novice users who aren't aware of the existence of full-width alternatives.

Reply #2599
Am new to CUERipper and would like to use it to encode Opus.

Checking the forum found post by aarcane Oct 13 2014, 02:54 "I've discovered another small bug using the opus codec.  The opus codec goes into a file with .opus as the extension, but the container is simply a standard ogg container.  Therefore, taglib/ogg should be used to add tags, however, taglib is attempting to use taglib/opus, which is not defined.  Other than the present inability to tag .opus files, the opus container seems to work simply by pointing the encoder at opustools.  This is occuring as of cuetools 2.1.5.  Opus tools is available from here:  http://www.opus-codec.org/downloads/ and I used the following settings to configure opus encoding..."

Has CUETools 2.1.6 eliminated these Opus bugs?

Thanks

Ken

I can confirm by testing that the Opus bug is NOT yet fixed.  I'm hopeful for 2.1.7, but I won't hold my breath as the dev hasn't even acknowledged the bug yet.