Reply to this topicStart new topic
Tool for organizing music collection
sundance
post Apr 10 2014, 15:50
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 1804

Hi,

my goal is to re-organize my music collection with this structure: "%artist%\[%year%] - %album%\%tracknumber%_%title%" (regular albums).
Atm, I have a flat structure with one folder per album (%artist% - %album% [%year%]).
Since my collection is tagged properly, this wouldn't be a problem for the renaming function of "mp3tag".

The challenge is that there are additional files in each of the source folders (cover.jpg, checksum file, playlist and a zip file containing album art) which I'd like to move to the new album folder as well.

I haven't found a way to do this with mp3tag or fb2k.
Maybe dbPoweramp?

Please let me know if you have any idea...

.sundance.

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
rick.hughes
post Apr 10 2014, 15:54
Post #2

Member No.: 40679

QUOTE (sundance @ Apr 10 2014, 10:50) *
Since my collection is tagged properly, this wouldn't be a problem for the renaming function of "mp3tag".

The challenge is that there are additional files in each of the source folders (cover.jpg, checksum file, playlist and a zip file containing album art) which I'd like to move to the new album folder as well.

Mediamonkey will do all of this. Rename/repath based on tags and move the additional files from the source folders.
+Quote Post
marc2003
post Apr 10 2014, 15:55
Post #3

Member No.: 19379

foobar2000 can do this with its file operations component.

http://wiki.hydrogenaudio.org/index.php?ti...File_operations

+Quote Post
sundance
post Apr 10 2014, 16:03
Post #4

Member No.: 1804

Mediamonkey will do all of this. Rename/repath based on tags and move the additional files from the source folders.

I took a quick glance at MM already today but while there a rename/move parameters based on tags, I didn't see a way to implement simple functions like fb2k or mp3tag offers. I've to admit I've simplified my new structure a bit... There are some "ifs" and conditionals [] to decide whether it's a regular album vs. various artists, or to handle other issues like missing/unknown year.
Maybe I didn't try hard enough... Can MM still do it?

@marc2003:
Now that looks promising!
I'll give it a shot... Thanks a lot!

[edit]
Works like a charm!
You made my day...
(shame on me: I haven't used the file operation component for quite a while - what a big surprise...)

This post has been edited by sundance: Apr 10 2014, 16:17
+Quote Post
2Bdecided
post Apr 11 2014, 15:14
Post #5

ReplayGain developer

Group: Developer
Member No.: 409

QUOTE (sundance @ Apr 10 2014, 15:50) *
I haven't found a way to do this with mp3tag or fb2k.
It's straightforward in mp3tag when you know one trick: if you use a format value of _DIRECTORY then everything in the directory moves with the audio file into the new directory.

More here...
http://forums.mp3tag.de/index.php?showtopic=17655

I now have the whole lot (various tag fixing, folder moving, and file renaming) as a one click action in mp3tag.

I guess whether mp3tag or fb2k works better for you will also depend on how well you can script/format in each.

Cheers,
David.
+Quote Post
Big_Berny
post Apr 11 2014, 15:34
Post #6

Member No.: 4921

QUOTE (sundance @ Apr 10 2014, 16:03) *

I took a quick glance at MM already today but while there a rename/move parameters based on tags, I didn't see a way to implement simple functions like fb2k or mp3tag offers. I've to admit I've simplified my new structure a bit... There are some "ifs" and conditionals [] to decide whether it's a regular album vs. various artists, or to handle other issues like missing/unknown year.
Maybe I didn't try hard enough... Can MM still do it?

Yes, "if"s are quite easy in MM:
http://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/index.php/..._Masks_Examples
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th July 2014 - 15:59