Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: QAAC: discussion, questions, feature requests, etc. (Read 693430 times) previous topic - next topic

QAAC: discussion, questions, feature requests, etc.

Reply #775
There would be no performance benefit from a 64-bit qaac, and nu774 probably doesn't want to spend time maintaining redundant versions of the same program. It doesn't need more RAM or hardware registers, and 32-bit programs have equal performance to 64-bit programs under Windows, so leaving qaac as 32 bit makes it more compatible, since x86 Windows can't run 64-bit programs, but x64 Windows can run 32-bit programs.

Reply #776
Why is there no x64 version available for qaac? I can see the refalac is in x64. Btw thanks for your work, I use it quite often!

Because CoreAudioToolbox is 32 bit only, and it's impossible to load 32 bit DLL from 64 bit executable.

Reply #777
That's also a good reason.

Reply #778
Hi
I have been using qaac on audio files (flac) that have long path names (>256 chars). I used dbpoweramp batch converter and Xiklone as conversion front ends. With both programs qaac reported conversion errors and did not convert the files correctly.
Using both dbpoweramp batch converter or Xiklone with mp3 or other converters on files with long paths worked without any problems.
Is anyone aware that qaac would have issues handling files with long path names?

Reply #779
Hi
I have been using qaac on audio files (flac) that have long path names (>256 chars). I used dbpoweramp batch converter and Xiklone as conversion front ends. With both programs qaac reported conversion errors and did not convert the files correctly.
Using both dbpoweramp batch converter or Xiklone with mp3 or other converters on files with long paths worked without any problems.
Is anyone aware that qaac would have issues handling files with long path names?

Aren't they configured to use piping? When piping is used, path name of the source file shouldn't matter in any way, since they are not passed to the encoder.

That being said... Windows requires a special prefix "\\.\" for very a long path name (longer than 256 chars) to be opened. Therefore, qaac will internally insert the prefix when input path name given by the command line is longer than 256 chars, but it doesn't see if the prefix is already included.
Therefore, if the front ends are not configured to use piping, and if they feed the encoder with the already prefixed path name of the source file, qaac will fail to open it.

Reply #780
Or maybe issue is on the output side. If the already prefixed output path name is given, qaac will fail to open it.

Reply #781
I had a working foobar converter setup for QAAC, though I haven't used it for a very long time, and just recently tried to convert a flac track to m4a and got these errors:

Could not load info (Object not found) from:
"F:\New\Converted\Kalapana - The Very Best Of Kalapana\18 - When The Morning Comes.m4a"

1 out of 5 tracks converted with major problems.

Source: "F:\New\Kalapana - The Very Best Of Kalapana (FLAC)\Kalapana - The Very Best Of - 18 - When The Morning Comes.flac"
  An error occurred while writing to file (The encoder has terminated prematurely with code -1073741515 (0xC0000135); please re-check parameters) : "F:\New\Converted\Kalapana - The Very Best Of Kalapana\18 - When The Morning Comes.m4a"
  Additional information:
  Encoder stream format: 44100Hz / 2ch / 16bps
  Command line: "C:\Program Files (x86)\foobar2000\qaac.exe" -V 100 -o "18 - When The Morning Comes.m4a" - --no-optimize
  Working folder: F:\New\Converted\Kalapana - The Very Best Of Kalapana\

Conversion failed: The encoder has terminated prematurely with code -1073741515 (0xC0000135); please re-check parameters

the command line I've used was:
-V 100 -o %d - --no-optimize

What am I missing?

Thanks!

I want NBC's Ed on DVD/Blu-ray!

Reply #782
You need 32bit version of msvcr120.dll and msvcp120.dll. They are included in x86 folder in the qaac zip archive.
You can copy them to the same directory as qaac.exe.
Alternatively, you can download vcredist_x86.exe from http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/de...s.aspx?id=40784 and install it.

Reply #783
You need 32bit version of msvcr120.dll and msvcp120.dll. They are included in x86 folder in the qaac zip archive.
You can copy them to the same directory as qaac.exe.
Alternatively, you can download vcredist_x86.exe from http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/de...s.aspx?id=40784 and install it.

Thank you so much, that did the trick!

Strange, I don't remember deleting those files, is this a new requirement?

Reply #784
You were probably using qaac.exe bundled with foobar2000's Free Encoder Pack previously. It doesn't require these files.

Reply #785
You were probably using qaac.exe bundled with foobar2000's Free Encoder Pack previously. It doesn't require these files.

I don't think I had that installed, at least I don't remember installing it.  But anyway, things are ok now. 

Reply #786
What's new in QAAC 2.45:

* Added qaac64.exe that works with iTunes 64bit (ver 12.1).
* Switched to static C runtime linking. Now you don't need msvcr120.dll and msvcp120.dll anymore.
* Minor bug fixes.

https://sites.google.com/site/qaacpage/cabi...rects=0&d=1

Thx nu774!

Reply #787
qaac64 can't find CoreAudioToolbox.dll. I have installed iTunes64?

CoreAudioToolbox 7.9.9.4 gives different output!

Reply #788
What's new in QAAC 2.45:

* Added qaac64.exe that works with iTunes 64bit (ver 12.1).
* Switched to static C runtime linking. Now you don't need msvcr120.dll and msvcp120.dll anymore.
* Minor bug fixes.

https://sites.google.com/site/qaacpage/cabi...rects=0&d=1

Thx nu774!

Thanks for the update, almost as fast as FhG now! In fact, I think I'll go back to QAAC.

FhG VBR 4 (~128) gave me ~133 kbps avg. on one album and Q63 much higher, ~144 kbps. Did Apple change anything with the latest version?

Reply #789
It was the file, optimization etc. Other files are more normal, around ~95-115 for that TVBR setting.

Also, they changed one setting, Q63 now gives Q64. Everything else is the same:

Q: 0, 9, 18, 27, 36, 45, 54, 64, 73, 82, 91, 100, 109, 118, 127

So, please update foobar2000 as well with the new Q64 (-V 64 or -V64) and (qaac.exe;qaac64.exe) in the AAC (Apple) settings. Also please again on foobar2000, add Apple Lossless (refalac) (refalac.exe;refalac64.exe), no need for libraries. Thanks!

Reply #790
nu774, can you add -A on refalac (hidden feature?) so foobar2000 can use only "Apple Lossless" in its settings with (qaac.exe;qaac64.exe;refalac.exe;refalac64.exe) instead of "Apple Lossless (qaac)" and "Apple Lossless (refalac)".

Reply #792
And if someone doesn't like to have 19MB icudt49.dll in their portable install:

Reply #793
Does anyone use QAAC with Ampache?  Trying to get transcoding to work but having no luck.  Thanks in advance!

Reply #794
Today I got very strange message when using qaac with piped input

QAAC64 can't find DevIL.dll.

WTH, this dll never has beenn bundled with QAAC
What it truly does and why qaac demands it?

Reply #795
Today I got very strange message when using qaac with piped input

QAAC64 can't find DevIL.dll.

WTH, this dll never has beenn bundled with QAAC
What it truly does and why qaac demands it?

Can't investigate now, but only thing I can think of is avisynth related.
I guess you have 64bit avisynth that is not correctly working due to missing dependencies, but please post console error message as well as result of qaac --check. Does it always happen?

Reply #796
OK, I confirmed that when you have avisynth.dll without devil.dll (which avisynth depends on), OS shows that dialog.
Since qaac works without avisynth.dll (it's merely optional), this interference by OS is really unnecessary and annoying.

Reply #797
The issue is fixed on 2.46.
However, you had better re-install 64bit avisynth or remove it anyway.

Reply #798
Thanks for the -A switch too nu774.

Reply #799
Sorry if this sounds like a silly question but i don't understand what difference the new -A option does? Anyone care to explain?