Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Burrrn 1.13 released (Read 87083 times) previous topic - next topic

Burrrn 1.13 released

I wanted to have more changes in this version, but I've been busy with other things. And I couldn't/didn't want to wait any longer, so here it is. If nothing else, the annoying P4 bugfix is a good reason for the release.

Changes from 1.12:
  - fixed problems running on fast P4 machines
  - added an "Add" button
  - fixed some bugs (sorry I can't remember, it's been too long )
  - donations are now accepted

http://www.burrrn.net/

Burrrn 1.13 released

Reply #1
Thanks for all the work on this excellent burning program! And since you are now accepting donations, I'm gonna send something your way 

EDIT: I did have one question about the program. How does it parse the incoming filename for CD-TEXT use? Is it "artist - title"?

Burrrn 1.13 released

Reply #2
great, thanks! your work is much appreciated 

btw, the website still says 1.12
didn't refresh.
Nothing but a Heartache - Since I found my Baby ;)

Burrrn 1.13 released

Reply #3
awsome.  thanks gambit.  its a great program.  just a minor feature request for the future, how about supporting embedded cue sheets?  and what about offset correction?  regardless, thanks a million.
a windows-free, linux user since 1/31/06.

Burrrn 1.13 released

Reply #4
why isn't this thread made an announcement on the slpash page?
a windows-free, linux user since 1/31/06.

Burrrn 1.13 released

Reply #5
Thanks Gambit!

Although I only burn audio cds from time to time, I like Burrrn's clear and intuitive interface!

Burrrn 1.13 released

Reply #6
Thanks Gambit - my all time favorite freeware!! 

Donation is on the way...

Burrrn 1.13 released

Reply #7
I must be some kind of moron ...

even clearing the browser cache, the cookies and refreshing the website does not show 1.13 but 1.12 ...

can somebody post a direct link to 1.13 ?
The name was Plex The Ripper, not Jack The Ripper

Burrrn 1.13 released

Reply #8
I must be some kind of moron ...

even clearing the browser cache, the cookies and refreshing the website does not show 1.13 but 1.12 ...

can somebody post a direct link to 1.13 ?
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

[a href="http://www.burrrn.net/burrrn_package.exe]http://www.burrrn.net/burrrn_package.exe[/url]
and
http://www.burrrn.net/burrrn_exe.zip

Burrrn 1.13 released

Reply #9
Thanks, but these two links just point me to 1.12 download (as burrrn info and the changes.txt file states after installing) ...
The name was Plex The Ripper, not Jack The Ripper

Burrrn 1.13 released

Reply #10
Thanks, but these two links just point me to 1.12 download (as burrrn info and the changes.txt file states after installing) ...
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=291887"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

then Gambit must've replaced the files for some reason.  I don't think they ever had '1.13' in the file names (not the for the stable releases anyway).

Burrrn 1.13 released

Reply #11
that's really strange... I can confirm however that the files are indeed 1.13.
if you want, I can send them your way.
maybe some ISP or router issue?

[span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%']edit: removed cache comment[/span]

Burrrn 1.13 released

Reply #12
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=291887"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

You must be hitting some kind of cache. Maybe you'r ISP's? Anyho, check your PM for an alternate URL.

Burrrn 1.13 released

Reply #13
EDIT: I did have one question about the program. How does it parse the incoming filename for CD-TEXT use? Is it "artist - title"?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=291494"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Yes, it was just a simple workaround for wav files because they don't have tags. I want to make it configurable in the future.

awsome.  thanks gambit.  its a great program.  just a minor feature request for the future, how about supporting embedded cue sheets?  and what about offset correction?  regardless, thanks a million.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=291529"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Offset correction will definitely be added. I'm not a fan of embedded cue sheets, but people seem to use them so I guess I will have to add support for them eventually.

[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=291880"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

You must be still connecting to the old server. I paid for it till the end of april, so it's still online with the old files.

And thanks to everybody for the donations. It feels great to be recognized for all the work. I'm flattered. 

Burrrn 1.13 released

Reply #14
Great to see Burrrn is still alive :) Thx Gambit!!

Minor feature request:
-Burrrn can't handle subindexes > INDEX 01

for example Burrrn can't handle this :
FILE "02 - Funky Tonk.wav" WAVE
  TRACK 02 AUDIO
    TITLE "Funky Tonk"
    PERFORMER "Miles Davis"
    INDEX 01 00:00:00
    INDEX 02 06:17:25
    INDEX 03 07:36:00
    INDEX 04 08:26:50

subindexes 02 to 04 disappear when burning with Burrrn, while all is fine when burning with EAC.

Handling of subindexes is the only feature I need to make the def. switch :) (fortunately my LG drive doesn't need write offset, but it would be great to see it implemented so I can spread the word even louder about this great program :)

Thanks again Gambit!

Burrrn 1.13 released

Reply #15
Gambit,

Does 1.13 allow for 48kHz input files?
"You can fight without ever winning, but never win without a fight."  Neil Peart  'Resist'

Burrrn 1.13 released

Reply #16
Minor feature request:
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=292898"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Yeah, you're right. I will add that in the next version.

[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=292899"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

And that too.  I'm finally starting the long planned rewrite this week, so I can properly implement some 1337 features like offset corrected writing, resampling, splitting on 588 samples etc.

Burrrn 1.13 released

Reply #17
(...) I'm finally starting the long planned rewrite this week, so I can properly implement some 1337 features like offset corrected writing, resampling, splitting on 588 samples etc.
YAY! looking forward to this 

Burrrn 1.13 released

Reply #18
Minor feature request:

[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=292899"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

And that too.  I'm finally starting the long planned rewrite this week, so I can properly implement some 1337 features like offset corrected writing, resampling, splitting on 588 samples etc.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=293076"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

You're just way too good to us.
"You can fight without ever winning, but never win without a fight."  Neil Peart  'Resist'

Burrrn 1.13 released

Reply #19
Minor feature request:

I'm finally starting the long planned rewrite this week, so I can properly implement some 1337 features like offset corrected writing, resampling, splitting on 588 samples etc.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=293076"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Great!!
and SBE handling is such good news! I wasn't expecting it... Burrrn ya'll !!

Burrrn 1.13 released

Reply #20
does Burrrn support on the fly decoding and all cd-text features?
and can it process the non-compliant cue sheets (gaps at end) from EAC?
thanks

Burrrn 1.13 released

Reply #21
Great ! So what about adding a custom artist for VA records, and direct gap editing?

The Cue editor doesnot work for me.
I would like to see there more record & track metadata like ISRC, catalog number.
Cut off non-ascii characters from CD-Text !

Burrrn 1.13 released

Reply #22
Hi Gambit ! I get a PX-716A and was unable to use cue sheets with EAC or Nero. I could have bought Plextools XL but the cost is prohibitive in Canada with the money exchange.
Someone on a Forum at EAC suggests your Burrrn as a way to succeed in burning cue. I tried it and it is terrific: it works perfectly well and I am just at the beginning of the discoveries. I am sure I will find more and more interesting features.
So, I've just sent a donation via Paypal. Considering our low value money compared to Euro, I hope it will be OK.
Thank you very much.

Burrrn 1.13 released

Reply #23
Wow, amazing free tool! Unfortunately I am missing the on-the-fly decoding and burning of .cue and compressed files like in Easy CD-DA Extractor, which is worth to check out too. (Unfortunately the Ezcd is not free...

Burrrn 1.13 released

Reply #24
Have you considered dropping of directories? Could be a nice feature being able to drag & drop directories if it isn't too hard to implement....
"ONLY THOSE WHO ATTEMPT THE IMPOSSIBLE WILL ACHIEVE THE ABSURD"
        - Oceania Association of Autonomous Astronauts