Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_uie_playlists_dropdown (Read 474645 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_uie_playlists_dropdown

Playlists Dropdown v0.7.6

This plugin displays the playlists in a dropdown list:

Download
Playlists Dropdown

Source code
github.com/karolsarnacki/foo_uie_playlists_dropdown

Some features:
  • Customizable icons.
  • Configurable playlist titles on list.
  • Configurable fonts and colors.
  • Sorting playlists by various criteria.
  • Drag & Drop support.
  • Convenient context-menu.
The list can display various information about playlists (through formatting strings):
  • %title%  Name of the playlist.
  • %lock%  Present if the playlist is locked (returns name of the lock, for example Autoplaylist or Read-only).
  • %size%  Number of items (songs) the playlist contains.
  • %length%  Playlist's length (duration), formatted as [WK][D][HH:]MM:SS.
  • %length_hours%  Playlist's length (duration), formatted as [HH:]MM:SS.
  • %length_seconds%  Playlist's length (duration), in seconds, formatted as an integer.
  • %filesize_natural%  Formatted total filesize of the playlist (e.g. 62.1GB or 322KB).
  • %filesize%  Total filesize of the playlist in bytes
  • %isplaying%  Present if the playlist is currently being played (to be used as a switch for $if()).
  • %isactive%  Present if the playlist is active (to be used as a switch for $if()).
  • %list_index%  Index of the playlist.
  • %list_total%  Total number of playlists.
  • %_list%  Special field to separate rendering of control (when it's closed) and the list (to be used as a switch for $if()).
Changelog
  • [a href='index.php?act=findpost&pid=659353']v0.7.6[/a]
  • [a href='index.php?act=findpost&pid=656251']v0.7.5.2[/a]
  • [a href='index.php?act=findpost&pid=655990']v0.7.5[/a]
To-do list
  • Customizable overlay icons / Use overlays for locked playlists (?) (0.7.7)
  • Auto-assigning icons to playlists using their name/lock/size etc. (titleformatting?) (0.7.8)
  • In-place rename (0.7.9)
  • Panel version (0.8)
  • Button version (0.8.1)
  • D&D playlists/items inside listbox using LMB
  • Better separators (without empy playlists)
  • Text on separators
  • Use global variables from Columns UI
  • Option to center text
  • FCL import/export (?)
  • Configurable action on playlist delete (go to previously active) (core?)
  • Aggregate functions ($avg('%field%'), $sum(), $min(), $max(), $count()) (?)
  • Playlist filtering (?)
  • Different configurations for different panels (??)
  • Grouping (???)
The Not-to-do list
Please do not discuss / request this:
  • None / Sunken / Grey border
  • Make combo-box editable (e.g. to type and find a playlist)
[/size]

Reply #1
That's rad.

I don't think i'll use it because i like to be able to see all the play lists at once, but i like what i can see in the picture. The different icons especially are really awesome (even if you can't configure them yet), i wish the regular play-list switcher had that.

Some CC: Just by looking at your screen shot (as in, without actually using it), it looks like you might have an issue with the vertical alignment. Like either the icon or the text isn't centred exactly. :shrug:
~

Reply #2
I haven't tried it out yet, but this is a really great idea.  I look forward to using it a lot

Reply #3
Thank you

The different icons especially are really awesome (even if you can't configure them yet)

I took the icons from foosion's Playlist Switcher plugin (on his approval, of course).

Some CC: Just by looking at your screen shot (as in, without actually using it), it looks like you might have an issue with the vertical alignment. Like either the icon or the text isn't centred exactly. :shrug:

Yup, it might look like that, because font is too small (exactly, 1 pixel too small ). Icons and text are both verically centered.

Reply #4
I like the idea of this component alot!

However, one thing which i like about playlist-tabs is how you can manipulate playlists via rightclicking, middleclicking, doubleclicking, etc. - I miss that functionality with this component.

- Lyx

edit: the degree of configurability however seems overkill to me
I am arrogant and I can afford it because I deliver.

Reply #5
I took the icons from foosion's Playlist Switcher plugin (on his approval, of course).

Oh? I didn't know he'd made such a plug-in, and i can't seem to find it on his page. Could you link me?

edit: Never mind, i found it. Playlist Manager. :p

Yup, it might look like that, because font is too small (exactly, 1 pixel too small ;)). Icons and text are both verically centered.

I see. MY BAD THEN AIGHT
~

Reply #6
I like the idea of this component alot!
Thanks

However, one thing which i like about playlist-tabs is how you can manipulate playlists via rightclicking, middleclicking, doubleclicking, etc. - I miss that functionality with this component.
Yes, I miss that too  I'll try to add these functions as soon as possible.

Reply #7
very cool plugin

can't wait until the to do list is done

also coult it be possible to use global variables from a columns ui config?
have yet to try this out, just wondering if anything needs to be done to allow this

Reply #8
I'm pretty sure everything you just said was addressed in the list at the end of the first post.
~

Reply #9
Very cool plugin, man.  Kudos.

Reply #10
Wow. Awesome. Gonna try it now. I never thought anyone would make this when I asked for it a month or so back.

Reply #11
nice... whenever I hear about a new plugin I feel such a thrill
and this one I really like...
I'm wonedring... is there some custom sorting available? 'cause I want the drop-down menu to be sorted by name of playlist not by their order on playlist tabs

Reply #12
oi, mixcherry, thanks a lot! i was hoping for just a simple dropdown box ... and you came out of the blue with something much more than that!

Reply #15
ok one small thing
how do you guys get that playback queue?
I have never seen it before is it a seperate component or am i just missing something very obvious

ok had a play around
found that if i make a playlist
then go Playback - Playback Queue Viewer, I can select a playlist for this to be used for.

Now I just need to work out how to queue files in to the pl

there we have it right click on the files you want added then add to playback queue et voila
nice figuring things out for yourself
ok it seems there is a limit to the playback queue of 64 tracks is this correct?

Reply #16
Where do you get the Playback Queue Viewer?  It's not listed in my Playback menu.

Reply #18
cool thanks Anas

Reply #19
That's nice 
-foobar2000 + Burrrn + EAC
-HD 80Gb using High QualityVBR MP3s

Reply #20
very cool plugin
Very cool plugin, man.  Kudos.
Thank you!

also coult it be possible to use global variables from a columns ui config?
I'll add this to my to-do list... (it isn't possible right now, but maybe it's as simple as adding 2 lines of code  we'll see)

Wow. Awesome. Gonna try it now. I never thought anyone would make this when I asked for it a month or so back.
I never thought it could take me a (whole) month or so to make this plugin

I'm wonedring... is there some custom sorting available? 'cause I want the drop-down menu to be sorted by name of playlist not by their order on playlist tabs
Thanks for that very interesting idea! I'm working on it now - I've implemented sorting the list by custom 'field' (for example %title% or %playlist_lock%), so you can expect this option in the very next version  I only have to tidy my code a little bit...

oi, mixcherry, thanks a lot! i was hoping for just a simple dropdown box ... and you came out of the blue with something much more than that!
Thanks! This is not my last word!!

my screenshot:

[a href="http://mazy.johanka.cz/my_pics/temp/foobar/foobar-mazy-2006-05-17.png" target="_blank"]

Reply #21
very nice plugin...

what about automatic sorting alphabetically?

TY! ;D

Reply #22
Hi there,

how do you activate it?  I am keen to use this plugin but I can't see how to turn on the dropdown list.  I have the plugins from the stable package off foosion's site and am using Columns ui on foobar 0.91.

Thanks

Reply #23
what about automatic sorting alphabetically?
As I already menioned in my previous post, I've already implemented sorting functionality. Just wait for new version to be released (in a day or two)

how do you activate it? I am keen to use this plugin but I can't see how to turn on the dropdown list. I have the plugins from the stable package off foosion's site and am using Columns ui on foobar 0.91.

All you need is the latest Columns UI plugin (remember to activate it here: Preferences -> Display -> User interface module /reset/). Then, you can simply add my component to your toolbar (right-mouse-button on toolbar and Toolbars -> Playlists Dropdown) or add it as a panel - using Columns' Layout page (Preferences -> Display -> Columns UI -> Layout).

Reply #24
<snipped, has been answered before>

BTW I recommend a reset button to return to the default settings and code.