Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
EAC - Error in CUE sheet: ISRC string contains illegal characters in l
BlueDragon
post Oct 15 2009, 21:12
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 64807

Why does EAC generate a CUE sheet with "ISRC 000000000000" and afterwards, while trying to burn this CUE sheet, gives the error message "ISRC string contains illegal characters in line XY"??? huh.gif

Of course everybody will tell me that I should just delete the ISRC lines or even better disable the 'Retrieve UPC/ ISRC codes in CUE sheet generation' (EAC Options--> Tools) because these codes are useless... but nevertheless, why does EAC simply not accept self created 0 values? Clearly a bug it seems... How many people do have to waist hours to fix this "minor" problem by surfing around like me... crying.gif
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
flacflac
post Oct 15 2009, 23:19
Post #2

Member No.: 49229

QUOTE (BlueDragon @ Oct 15 2009, 15:12) *
Why does EAC generate a CUE sheet with "ISRC 000000000000" and afterwards, while trying to burn this CUE sheet, gives the error message "ISRC string contains illegal characters in line XY"??? huh.gif

Of course everybody will tell me that I should just delete the ISRC lines or even better disable the 'Retrieve UPC/ ISRC codes in CUE sheet generation' (EAC Options--> Tools) because these codes are useless... but nevertheless, why does EAC simply not accept self created 0 values? Clearly a bug it seems... How many people do have to waist hours to fix this "minor" problem by surfing around like me... crying.gif

Yeah, known problem, a forum search might have helped. Nevertheless I agree, it's one thing to create cue sheets that contain these "illegal" characters, it's another to act up when burning from such a cue. I guess as long as EAC remains semi-dead we won't see a fix anytime soon. Unfortunately, as long as dbPoweramp remains incapable of creating CUEs we're kind of without any alternatives. Why even XLD can create cues is beyond me, but that's also beyond this scope's topic. Anyways. Delete the lines, burn and enjoy.

ff

This post has been edited by flacflac: Oct 15 2009, 23:20
+Quote Post
greynol
post Oct 15 2009, 23:25
Post #3

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 13167

I'm guessing you're using a Lite-On. Try a different drive that doesn't give EAC these problems.

This post has been edited by greynol: Oct 15 2009, 23:31

--------------------
Placebophiles: put up or shut up!
+Quote Post
BlueDragon
post Oct 16 2009, 01:13
Post #4

Member No.: 64807

QUOTE (greynol @ Oct 16 2009, 00:25) *
I'm guessing you're using a Lite-On. Try a different drive that doesn't give EAC these problems.

Yes greynol, your guessing is (once more) correct.

Do you know whether this problem is linked with the reading or the writing only? If it's "only" a writing problem than at least my database can remain as is, otherwise I'll have to check every cue file one by one and delete the lines causing EAC to refuse to burn.

Burrrn could be an alternative but there is no way to set the proper write offset (if I am not wrong) so finally I wouldn't get my exact copies I suppose...

Thanks!
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st August 2014 - 01:44