Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: MusicCord (Read 2765 times) previous topic - next topic

MusicCord

Hello Everyone,

Just wanted to have your opinion on the product below:

http://www.essentialsound.com/musiccord-pr...-cord/index.htm

I quote:

•More Bass Extension and Control
•More Clarity and Resolution
•More Midrange Sweetness
•More Extended Treble

How can sound be "improved" through a power cord?

MusicCord

Reply #2
 Welcome to the world of "audiophile nonsense"!    Sometimes it's funny, sometimes it's sad, and sometimes it's annoying.  I try to keep a sense of humor, or sometimes I just shake my head and try to ignore it...

Unfortunately, when it comes to audio HydrogenAudio.org is one of the few places where the scientific (and skeptical) approach dominates.

One of the main "tricks" is to use terminology that has no real meaning...  Words like "imaging", "clarity", "transparency", "lifting a veil", "musical", etc...    When you read words like these, you tend to imagine what it sounds like, but there is no true meaning and no way to take measurements to confirm or falsify  the claims.  (In many cases, it is possible to do a blind ABX test and confirm  there's no audiable difference.)

In the case of MusicCordPRO, I'll give them credit for using a couple of scientific-engineering terms (bass & treble extension) that do have meaning, and could be proven false.  But, how do you define or measure "control", "clarity", "resolution", or "sweetness"???? 

BTW - There is a fair amount of nonsense in the pro audio world too.  But it's not so extreme...  Most pros buy good-quality, heavy-duty, power cords and  audio cables...  They are smart-enough to know cables don't make any difference in the sound.

MusicCord

Reply #3
"Like the difference between 256 and 16-million colors on a video monitor, the music's full harmonic pallet is revealed with rhythmic integrity.
"

Hope those musicians aren't using Autotune, whose purpose is to limit the music's "pallet"

MusicCord

Reply #4
A quote goldmine, as per.
From the moment you first remove it from its custom gear bag and hold it in your hands, you know the PRO means serious business. The look and feel at once conveys a "jewel" quality and an aura of indestructablilty.

Connect the PRO to your amp, or powered studio monitors, power the component on, and within the first few notes you realize that your sound has been elevated to a new, higher level of "the truth".
Yes, never mind our absence of empirical evidence for our lofty claims; it looks good, so it must be good.

“Fools and their money” and all that, but it’s not helped by the blatant snake-oiling of marketers and salespeople. Then again, both industries are irredeemable and in dire need of dismantling, so there’s little to gain from grumbling about isolated examples!

MusicCord

Reply #5
Audiophools.

MusicCord

Reply #6
The cable looks like two butt-plugs attached via a black rope. I guess that's its sublimial appeal.