Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: is a good idea resample before burning? (Read 5272 times) previous topic - next topic

is a good idea resample before burning?

Hi

i use foobar v1.1.17  to play music and i love this componet foo_dsp_resampler.dll normal version 0.8.1

i set up foobar output 32bit and resampler @ 96000 quality best , passband 95 ,disabled allow aliasing , phase response 50

and i really love the output

i use a densen amp and seneizer

now my super noob question

is a good idea  convert from mp3 320kb to wav and use the resampler to have a better audio in the burned cd?

thanks

Reply #1
Absolutely not! This would result in being resampled twice, unnecssarily.

The output of the mp3 decoder is already 44.1 kHz (I am assuming that the source material was redbook CD). All it needs is a little dither (and even that is not really necessary), and it is ready to burn.

Reply #2
No. You won't gain anything.
Error 404; signature server not available.

Reply #3
i use foobar v1.1.17  to play music and i love this componet foo_dsp_resampler.dll normal version 0.8.1

i set up foobar output 32bit and resampler @ 96000 quality best , passband 95 ,disabled allow aliasing , phase response 50

Be careful not to claim that this improves the sound. You would then be required to submit DBT as proof.

Reply #4

Be careful not to claim that this improves the sound. You would then be required to submit DBT as proof.
Actually, he did not say it improved, just that he really loves the output. Be careful so not to make members worried. What he said would be to throw a TOS #8 at someone for just saying they "like vinyl". Maybe he likes artifacts from resampling. Regards.

Reply #5
What artifacts?

Reply #6
Absolutely not! This would result in being resampled twice, unnecssarily.

The output of the mp3 decoder is already 44.1 kHz (I am assuming that the source material was redbook CD). All it needs is a little dither (and even that is not really necessary), and it is ready to burn.

may i ask which dither setting?
in foobar for example i have never , lossy source only , alway
thanks

Actually, he did not say it improved, just that he really loves the output. Be careful so not to make members worried. What he said would be to throw a TOS #8 at someone for just saying they "like vinyl". Maybe he likes artifacts from resampling. Regards.

thanks
i said that foobar with that settings sounds really better for me
in short i would love to have the same output on my cd
by the way there are several cd recorded at 24bit

Reply #7
francesco, just burn the MP3s as-is; the answer to your question is no, you can't improve their quality through resampling. Even with foo_dsp_resampler, you are essentially doing a neutral transformation, leaving the waveform shape, and thus the sound, exactly the same, but changing the scale and type of numbers used to represent it, as well as massively bloating the quantity of data. Any audible improvement you perceive has to either be the placebo effect, or the result of some unrelated issue (bad resampling happening in your soundcard when you feed it 44.1 KHz, maybe). Besides, if you were to try to feed a bloated, weirdly scaled WAV to your burning software (if the software accepts it at all), the audio is just going to be downsampled back to 16-bit integer, 44100 KHz by the software, because that's all that is allowed on an audio CD.

Reply #8
francesco, just burn the MP3s as-is; the answer to your question is no, you can't improve their quality through resampling. Even with foo_dsp_resampler, you are essentially doing a neutral transformation, leaving the waveform shape, and thus the sound, exactly the same, but changing the scale and type of numbers used to represent it, as well as massively bloating the quantity of data. Any audible improvement you perceive has to either be the placebo effect, or the result of some unrelated issue (bad resampling happening in your soundcard when you feed it 44.1 KHz, maybe). Besides, if you were to try to feed a bloated, weirdly scaled WAV to your burning software (if the software accepts it at all), the audio is just going to be downsampled back to 16-bit integer, 44100 KHz by the software, because that's all that is allowed on an audio CD.

thanks mjb2006
even my english  sucks (  ) i got the answer