Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: WSH Panel Mod script discussion/help (Read 1376637 times) previous topic - next topic

WSH Panel Mod script discussion/help

Reply #4075
yes, it's easy. just look at how an existing script works with the width and mouse x co-ord when dragging and modify it to use height/mouse y instead. it will need minor changes because you're working from the bottom up but it should still be a doddle.

edit: too slow...

Reply #4076
I'm using many of Marc2003's WSH scripts, with great success.  However for some reason Last.fm charts and Last.fm similar artists are appearing blank.  I've been looking for a fix to this, without much luck.  I already did the following:

- browse wsh_data\charts and delete all files.
- browse wsh_data and search for and delete all files named artist*.json (the star is a wildcard supported by windows explorer)

...however results are still blank.

What am I missing?  Any help is appreciated...

PS, Marc2003 your scripts absolutely rock-- thank you for all your contributions.

Reply #4077
New api key (and secret probably) from Last.fm needed? You can easily edit those in common8 file. Get keys here: http://www.last.fm/api

I have a question about Web Links script. Any way to display second tag, if first one is missing? For example:

I tag some of my albums with %film% and %series%, now would like for one button to perform search for either of them, but not sure how. Tried in first var above OR and ; and , and | between tags, and nothing works. I tried also new var named series and putting something like + film + series below next to sites, but that doesn't work exactly either. %3F that is generated screws things up.

One unifying tag that encompasses both would work, but before doing that posting here, maybe someone knows. Cheers!

Reply #4078
Thanks, the new API Key did the trick.  Last.fm Panels fully functional now.

New Question: I've installed Marc2003's Spectrogram Seekbar, but when I load foobar it says that SoX is missing and ffmpeg is missing.  I tried to download those plugins, but something isn't working.  Does anyone know if there is a guide for this floating around somewhere?  Am I just missing a component or is there something else entirely?

Reply #4079
Tried in first var above OR and ; and , and | between tags, and nothing works.

you just need to use basic foobar2000 title formatting for that. look at the $if/$if2/$if3 functions here....

http://wiki.hydrogenaud.io/index.php?title...8cond.2Cthen.29

@hexenszene, i don't have that old script anymore but IIRC, it has 2 variables at the start... ffmpeg_exe and sox_exe. i think they use something like fb.ProfilePath + "sox\\..." - that means the files should be placed inside a a folder named sox inside your foobar profile folder. if running portable mode then the sox folder should be inside the foobar folder itself.

Reply #4080
Thank you marc.

Reply #4081
Component update: Checking for: foo_customdb / Custom Database / 0.1.0_beta1
Component update: Checking for: foo_masstag / Masstagger / 1.8.4
Component update: Found a match - 1.8.4 vs 1.8.4
Component update: Checking for: foo_playcount / Playback Statistics / 3.0.2
Component update: Found a match - 3.0.2 vs 3.0.2
Component update: Checking for: foo_queuecontents / Queue Contents Editor / 0.5.1
Component update: Found a match - 0.5.1 vs 0.5.1
Component update: Checking for: foo_uie_wsh_panel_mod / WSH Panel Mod / 1.5.6
WSH Panel Mod (Similar Artists by marc2003): Parsing file "C:\Users\Jayson\AppData\Roaming\foobar2000\marc2003\common4.js"
Error: WSH Panel Mod (Similar Artists by marc2003): Microsoft JScript compilation error:
Unterminated string constant
File: <main>
Ln: 109, Col: 3
<source text only available at compile time>

the similar artists panel crashes on startup (was working fine just yesterday) and this appears in console. what do?

Reply #4082
It randomly started working but album art shows "no cover image available" for everything.

Reply #4083
The problem randomly returned upon selecting a new artist to play. similar artists has crashed witht the same error. someone please halp me?

Reply #4084
I'm using many of Marc2003's WSH scripts, with great success.  However for some reason Last.fm charts and Last.fm similar artists are appearing blank..

Problem is in your settings somewhere..
Anyway last.fm re-building their site, question is - will bio script work after that?
I hope that Marc will change decision and update..

New last.fm>

Reply #4085
Problem is in your settings somewhere..

you're a bit late. hexenszene already got the answer over a week ago and posted to say it works... any last.fm scripts that use the API now requires everyone to use their own API keys. this might apply to gheysun's problem as well but given the script is so old, i can't say for sure. in theory it should work with an updated key as last.fm haven't changed anything in years (apart from removing/restricting certain things)

as for scraping the bio from the last.fm beta site, i'm sure you're more than capable of doing that yourself.... but i wouldn't even bother attempting it until the old pages stop working. it'll be interesting to see how long the site is in beta for and what changes they make before it goes final. there sure is a lot of hate for it over on the last.fm forums.

Reply #4086
Hi!

Has anyone written a script for a standalone on/off button that enters a default value / clears a custom tag field?

An example of this is on Br3tts JSPlaylist which have heart icons that 'datestamp' the %mood% field of the file when selected (and the icon changes to on), and then clear the tag on a second selection (and the icon changes to off).

The reason I'm looking for this is I would like a way of tagging custom tags that's easier than using quicktagger, and also I'm pretty sure that you could use it as the basis to make a music mood square (which I've seen in other players).

Thanks.

Reply #4087
^ As I recall the component TagBox can offer existing tags from the database (or values you predefined) in a checkbox list, if that's what you are looking for.

Like:
✅ Metal
☑ Rock
✅ Electronic
✅ Pop
✅ Orchestral

Reply #4088
as for scraping the bio from the last.fm beta site, i'm sure you're more than capable of doing that yourself.... but i wouldn't even bother attempting it until the old pages stop working. it'll be interesting to see how long the site is in beta for and what changes they make before it goes final. there sure is a lot of hate for it over on the last.fm forums.

I will change script when old pages stop working.
Just worry about all users that use your script, they don't know how to change code..
And since you don't provide your scripts anymore , this is a big loss..

Changes will affect on 'Youtube Radio' as well, WillB uses API(json) to get info, and my use  scraping.
I found that scraping provides better Artist Song variety than WillB API metod..
But i now consider to use json, because they don't change this so often..
Since i never try json or xml, can you give me some short example, if you have time?
I'm in lost trying to find where you use this in your script, over 1000 lines

I don't like last.fm beta at all

Reply #4089
^ As I recall the component TagBox can offer existing tags from the database (or values you predefined) in a checkbox list, if that's what you are looking for.

Like:
? Metal
? Rock
? Electronic
? Pop
? Orchestral

Hey there!

I do already use tag box for multi-tagging and such things and certainly like quicktagging it will do the job, but I was hoping that there might have been a WSH panel script too (because its a quicker, easier and better looking interface to use).

Also I'm only looking for something that makes a default entry or clears the tag rather than needing a choice of values, this would be great for assigning things like noting if the track is loved, banned, duplicated, damaged and so on.

Anyway, thanks for replying!

Reply #4090
I do already use tag box for multi-tagging and such things and certainly like quicktagging it will do the job, but I was hoping that there might have been a WSH panel script too (because its a quicker, easier and better looking interface to use).

Also I'm only looking for something that makes a default entry or clears the tag rather than needing a choice of values, this would be great for assigning things like noting if the track is loved, banned, duplicated, damaged and so on.

This is easy to do with wsh, example:

Code: [Select]
var tag;
var g_metadb;
g_metadb = fb.GetFocusItem();
tag = g_metadb.UpdateFileInfoSimple("Genre","pop");

Probably something exist here..
You have similar in some skins..
Love, Unlove, Ban..

I want to make auto-tag script, that will collect info from last.fm , and automaticaly tag song while playing..
But, when i have time..

Reply #4091
Does anyone have a backup of marc2003s latest scripts?
I am still on common7.js and my artist art script stopped fetching images.
I was able to find a copy of common8.js but i cant find any matching scripts or other missing files/images.

Reply #4092
the last changes last.fm made were in october 2013 so if the script has been working recently there is no reason why it shouldn't work now.

Reply #4093
the last changes last.fm made were in october 2013 so if the script has been working recently there is no reason why it shouldn't work now.

Could be anything then.
Been a while since I added a new artist so the problem might be from months back.
I was gonna try to find out whats wrong by myself since I don't want to bother you and the obvious first go would be to install the latest versions.

Reply #4094
I was gonna try to find out whats wrong by myself since I don't want to bother you and the obvious first go would be to install the latest versions.

I had your same concerns and eventually I found it here.
I'm late

Reply #4095
Does anyone have a backup of marc2003s latest scripts?
I am still on common7.js and my artist art script stopped fetching images.

Sorry, I misread your post. The link above is for the playcount sync
I'm late

Reply #4096
Hey guys. Would someone mind helping me edit Falstaff's JSPlaylist?

I'm trying to replace the playlist count in the expanded group header with codec information.

In WSHPlaylist.js, I presume I have to make the edit here, under Draw Header Content:

#685 var lg3_right_field = (this.group_index+1)+" / "+p.list.groups.length;

I've tried this but just get crashes:

var lg3_right_field = fb.TitleFormat("%codec%");

I need an adult!

Reply #4097
var lg3_right_field = fb.TitleFormat("%codec%").EvalWithMetadb(this.metadb);

Reply #4099

This is easy to do with wsh, example:

var tag;
var g_metadb;
g_metadb = fb.GetFocusItem();
tag = g_metadb.UpdateFileInfoSimple("Genre","pop");

Probably something exist here..
You have similar in some skins..
Love, Unlove, Ban..

I want to make auto-tag script, that will collect info from last.fm , and automaticaly tag song while playing..
But, when i have time..

Thanks for your suggestion but with my miniscule scripting knowledge I haven't been able to piece this together...and I don't think I can take the pinging screen of scripting death anymore 

however after some head scratching I realised that I have actually created some context menu paths for these custom tag actions with quicktagger, which means that if nothing else I can create some custom buttons on a toolbar (which is a good result!) 

but before I give up trying to do this on a panel I wonder if anyone can answer this- using marcs buttons script it's straightforward to use any main menu function as you can write down the menu path in his script i.e.

a: new button(14, 4, 19, 19, {normal: "show playing.png", hover: "show playing hi.png"}, function() { fb.RunMainMenuCommand("View/Show now playing"); }, "Show playing")

is it possible to somehow change this fb. instruction to a context menu path?