IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> foobar2000 General Forum Rules

This is NOT a tech support forum.
Tech support questions go to foobar2000 Tech Support forum instead.

See also: Hydrogenaudio Terms of Service.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
How to skip to next song in folder without making playlist
Advather
post Nov 14 2012, 21:21
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 104517

This didn't seem like a tech support issue, so I hope this is in the right forum. I recently switched to foobar from MPC-HC. I am having an issue with the Next and Previous buttons. With MPC, I could open any song from any folder, and then I could use the next and previous buttons to go to the next song or previous song in that folder, without making any kind of playlist. When I try this in foobar, it says "playback stopped" and plays nothing. Can I make the next and previous buttons go to the next or previous song in the folder without making a playlist or using a playlist file? I searched through all the settings but found nothing.

Foobar is the best media player I have found that actually plays flac correctly and has great gapless playback, but I really want to be able to skip between songs with the next and previous buttons. Thanks for any help!
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
TakuSkan
post Nov 16 2012, 07:16
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 5017

FB2K is a playlist based media player. You need to create a playlist with all the files you want to play if you want to use the Next/Previous feature in FB2K. You can enqueue or play a media file from Windows Explorer and it will be put into a FB2K playlist. But you need to add more files to the playlist to use the Next/Previous feature. To my knowledge there is no way to duplicate what you're doing with MPC-HC in FB2K.
+Quote Post
shakey_snake
post Nov 16 2012, 13:45
Post #3

Group: FB2K Moderator
Member No.: 37036

How many ways do you need to skin a cat? smile.gif

--------------------
elevatorladylevitateme
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd October 2014 - 15:07