Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Permanent batch equalize MP3 files, how to ? (Read 3345 times) previous topic - next topic

Permanent batch equalize MP3 files, how to ?

I bought some remastered CDs (about 100, I didn't really count them). Those so-called 24 bits remastered CDs sound awful in regular CD player. Whoever did the job, went too far on equalizing. Now, I play them through my computer soundcard's sotware, which has different equalizer settings, they sound good. But, how do I batch apply my own equalization to mp3 files I ripped?

Permanent batch equalize MP3 files, how to ?

Reply #1
I think you can only do that by reencoding your mp3s, which always results in quality loss. You can do it with foobar. Load the mp3s in your playlist -> select them all -> rightclick and choose convert. Then make sure the EQ DSP is used when you are converting. Also make sure that the result won't clip, so do not increase the frequencies that are to soft, but instead, decrease the frequencies that are too loud.

Another solution is a player that can use different EQ settings for different mp3s (like winamp, i think), but that is a lot of hassle also.