IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Hydrogenaudio Forum Rules

- No Warez. This includes warez links, cracks and/or requests for help in getting illegal software or copyrighted music tracks!
- No Spamming or Trolling on the boards, this includes useless posts, trying to only increase post count or trying to deliberately create a flame war.
- No Hateful or Disrespectful posts. This includes: bashing, name-calling or insults directed at a board member.
- Click here for complete Hydrogenaudio Terms of Service

Reply to this topicStart new topic
music pricing ripoff rant, split from "Audio Sharing" (resurrection > 2 Years)
Heaven17
post Dec 17 2003, 01:04
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 4005

So, what do you do when your "favourite band" releases an album of, say, twenty tracks which you have already have 18 (and have already paid for on other albums) but including an additional "original"" two tracks...?) do you pay the fucking ripoff price for the new album. bearing in mind you alraedy (allegedly) have the "rights" to 18/20 per cent of this album?

I reckon you just download the album, and give 2/20 of the purchase price to a charity of your choice...

[controvesial/off-topic I know, it just winds me up so much...grrr....sorry...:\ ...)

This post has been edited by Heaven17: Dec 17 2003, 01:12
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Lev
post Dec 17 2003, 10:55
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 3716

Pulp are the band most guilty of this crime smile.gif

--------------------
http://www.megalev.co.uk
+Quote Post
ScorLibran
post Dec 17 2003, 15:38
Post #3

Group: Banned
Member No.: 7495

It depends on whether I'm building a complete collection of the band or artist in question, and even then sometimes it's iffy. One of the collections I've built up is The B-52's. I have all of their albums and EPs excepts The B-52's Anthology: Nude On The Moon, because it has no new music on it that I don't already have on another disc, and it's just not high-enough on my wishlist to buy. Maybe one day, when I have everything else I want... wink.gif

Other artists like Liz Phair, I want everything, regardless of what I already have (don't really know why), so I'd buy something of hers even if I already had every song on it. (I used to be able to claim support of her old indie label, Matador, but not now since she went to Capitol...I'm just supporting another cog in the machine...)

Artists/bands I really like and who have huge collections like Pink Floyd or Rush, I eventually want every disc they put out, but have to do it in prioritized phases.

Artists/bands I don't like as much, I will not buy any disc unless I like at least half of the music on it. If I really like one or two songs but not others, I'll look for those songs on a compilation disc if it's popular music. If it's not on any compilation disc, I'll do without.

I do strive for good "bang-for-the-buck" when purchasing music, and I have to buy the CDs because no one that I've found offers lossless downloads of a very wide variety of music.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd September 2014 - 19:38