Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: trimming m4a losslessly (Read 2808 times) previous topic - next topic

trimming m4a losslessly

Hi,

I have searched, but I have not found an answer to my question.  I am just wondering if it is possible to trim an m4a audio file losslessly.  I have some songs that were recorded live that I would like to trim the beginnings and ends of.  Since I am not doing anything else to the file, is there a way to do this losslessly?  Thanks.

bvollrath

trimming m4a losslessly

Reply #2
thanks, senab that does work even though it is kind of crude w/o using a pretty gui.  i'm glad i have less than 12 files to do.

trimming m4a losslessly

Reply #3
If you are using iTunes / iPods to playback the file you can set start and end points for the file in the get info window.

trimming m4a losslessly

Reply #4
You can also use QuickTime Pro to edit m4a file losslessly.
Just choose "Pass Through" in MP4 export options, and QuickTime will process audio file without re-encoding.

trimming m4a losslessly

Reply #5
thanks, zombiewerewolf, that works too.  i never knew quicktime pro was able of doing that losslessly.  cool.