Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Why hasn't searching forums for phrases worked for ages? (Read 3124 times) previous topic - next topic

Why hasn't searching forums for phrases worked for ages?

The topic title says it.  What's been up with not being able to put quotes around phrases when doing forum searches?  It seems it hasn't been working for years if it ever was.  Am now using Win7, Vista and recent versions of IE, Chrome & Firefox.
Geopoliticus Child Watching the Birth of the New Man

Reply #1
IPB search sucks. The forum is indexed by Google, use Google's site search from the search box in the top right.

(That said, I had no problem looking for an exact phrase using quotes, so what are you trying to do exactly?)

Reply #2
(That said, I had no problem looking for an exact phrase using quotes, so what are you trying to do exactly?)

Since you said it worked for you I tried "Process Monitor" and realized my lifelong problems with basic reading was part of the problem.  Search does indeed work after all... it just doesn't highlight the quoted search term in its results.

I may have figured it out the last time I had an issue I had to do a lot of searching on... and probably just forgot.... dunno.  Think I've always suffered from little ADD. Thanks for checking that for me Garf.
Geopoliticus Child Watching the Birth of the New Man