Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: TAK 2.1.0 (Read 33888 times) previous topic - next topic

TAK 2.1.0

The final release of TAK 2.1.0 ((T)om's lossless (A)udio (K)ompressor).

Download:

Download link removed.

TAK 2.2.0 has been released.

Comments and discussion should go into this thread: TAK 2.1.0

TAK 2.1.0

Reply #1
The final release of TAK 2.1.0 ((T)om's lossless (A)udio (K)ompressor).

Download:

[attachment=6292:TAK_2.1.0.zip]
One archive containing the GUI and command line compressor, the Winamp plugin, the decoding library and the SDK.

Comments and discussion should go into this thread: TAK 2.1.0

I just tried to download the ZIP archive above, several times, and each time, WinZIP gives me "Not A Valid Archive".  Is it corrupted?

TAK 2.1.0

Reply #2
i downloaded the file just now and can open it just fine using windows explorer or 7zip.

TAK 2.1.0

Reply #3
i downloaded the file just now and can open it just fine using windows explorer or 7zip.

How big was your archive that you downloaded?  Mine is always 895 KB.

OK.  I was able to open it using 7-Zip.

However, trying with WinZIP 11.1 or WinRAR 3.8 doesn't work.

It looks like it's a non-standard ZIP format archive.

TAK 2.1.0

Reply #4
Indeed, seems the file is a bit strange (hex comparing with a file generated with 7z shows differences in the header).

I've decompressed and compressed again with 7z (9.20). .zip format, Normal compression and the file is then smaller (884KB). Using Ultra gets down to 877. All those using the default "Deflate" compression type.

TAK 2.1.0

Reply #5
The archive has been created with the file manager Total Commander (formerly known as Windows Commander). It's help file says, it's using the ZLIB-library from Jean-loup Gailly of Info-ZIP.

I use it since more than 10 years and never before heard of any trouble with the archives. Strange...