Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Smart Playlist with checkable Options? (Read 1775 times) previous topic - next topic

Smart Playlist with checkable Options?

Hey people,
foobar is a really cool music player and im using it for 2 years now.
The reason to switch was because i was interessted in the very impressive hotkey and tagging features. I builded up a Tagging system so i could tag music for mood or speed or whats important to me.

I wrote this tags in COMMENT tag of every track. So i could make some good Smartplaylists and enjoy my work. But i want more. Is it possible to build in something like a organizer where i can check or decheck tags like "rap" "dubsteb" "ect" "strange" and they influence a smartplaylist immediately? I mean to configure Smartplaylists is too much work to just get one list. I maybe want to see all tracks with "rap" "electro" "Rating 5" and no "emotion". In case of this i have to build lots of Smartplaylists. Something i could set up to my personal custom tags would be perfect....
Is there a way to make something like this ? Sort of a custom Smartplaylist Organizer ? Maybe it already exists ? Or is there a Workaround to get what i want ? I doenst know where to post this, so be free to kick me in some other part of this board.

i would be really happy if u can help me with this little problem.
thx

Reply #1
foo_facets will not only let you use a playlist as it's source, but it also provides filters by simple clicks and will also let you enable multiple at a time.
elevatorladylevitateme

Reply #3
foo_facets will not only let you use a playlist as it's source

? Facets sources from the library.

"Version 1.0 highlights: album art views, filter toolbar for frequently used searches, automatic column width adjustment, smooth scrolling, playlist content browsing, editable autoplaylists, additional statistics, refined looks, and performance improvements."

Reply #4
foo_facets can also be used to generate autoplaylists.