Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Importing dates into foo_playcount (Read 2085 times) previous topic - next topic

Importing dates into foo_playcount

Hi all, I'm working on migrating data from an old WMP database and so far I've managed to get all the data I want added as tags in the file metadata. I then used PLayback Statistics > Import statistics from file tags to add this data to the foo_playcount database. This worked great for %play_count%, but not for %added% and %last_played%. For some reason only about 10% of the dates were added correctly (library of about 10,000 mp3 files). The rest just defaulted to today's date. I reset the statics and tried this several times to no avail. Any suggestions? I can't figure out why some of the file data imported correctly while others did not.

Date added, date last played and play count have been added as tags.

But after import, only play count shows up in playback statistics...

Reply #1
The dates have the wrong format. It needs to be YYY-MM-DD hh:mm:ss. A leading zero has to be prepended to single digit values. For example, 2008-9-27 6:38:17 needs to be 2008-09-27 06:38:17

Reply #2
The dates have the wrong format. It needs to be YYY-MM-DD hh:mm:ss. A leading zero has to be prepended to single digit values. For example, 2008-9-27 6:38:17 needs to be 2008-09-27 06:38:17

Thanks, I wasn't sure about that when I was reformatting everything in excel. I'll let you know if it works!

Reply #3

Thanks, I wasn't sure about that when I was reformatting everything in excel. I'll let you know if it works!

Man, that was much more difficult to do in excel than I thought. But it did work. Thanks again fbuser!