IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> foobar2000 General Forum Rules

This is NOT a tech support forum.
Tech support questions go to foobar2000 Tech Support forum instead.

See also: Hydrogenaudio Terms of Service.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Convert CD for car
sonvolt
post Oct 20 2012, 17:26
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 72310

Using Foobar to convert files (FLAC/MP3 320kbps formats mainly) to MP3 which I then burn to a data CD for the car , is their anyway of doing this so that MP3 files are just copied as opposed to being converted again with the message they will be degraded further. Tried a search but couildn't find anything. Cheers
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
cyntek
post Oct 21 2012, 11:59
Post #2

Member No.: 64600

QUOTE (sonvolt @ Oct 20 2012, 08:26) *
Using Foobar to convert files (FLAC/MP3 320kbps formats mainly) to MP3 which I then burn to a data CD for the car , is their anyway of doing this so that MP3 files are just copied as opposed to being converted again with the message they will be degraded further. Tried a search but couildn't find anything. Cheers

If your car stereo plays MP3 formats straight from cd then you should be able to just copy the folder or files onto the cd-r disc. Once again that's if your car stereo plays MP3 formats and if it does not then you need to get a new car stereo that is up to date. Or u can just burn the mp3's to the disc as usual.
+Quote Post
MrMonkey
post Oct 21 2012, 13:59
Post #3

Member No.: 83276

I think the OP is asking to use fb2k to copy files to a destination drive/folder where
a. the FLAC files are converted to MP3
b. the existing MP3 files are copied outright, with no conversion.
+Quote Post
sonvolt
post Oct 21 2012, 16:05
Post #4

Thats exactly what I want Mr Monkey - I'm creating music for the car of Indie >3 star , etc. so input could be from various formats (tho MP3 would be only lossy format)and don't want to faff anout with converting & manual copying.
+Quote Post
Cutter
post Oct 21 2012, 18:25
Post #5

Member No.: 10152

QUOTE (sonvolt @ Oct 21 2012, 17:05) *
Thats exactly what I want Mr Monkey - I'm creating music for the car of Indie >3 star , etc. so input could be from various formats (tho MP3 would be only lossy format)and don't want to faff anout with converting & manual copying.

I don't think you can do it in one operation.
First, put all the tracks you want to burn on the CD in one playlist, then use playlist search (Ctr+F) to select only the tracks in MP3 format (search for "%codec% IS mp3"). Copy/paste them on the CD or in a temporary folder (you can copy the selected tracks from foobar2000 and paste them in explorer as files). Then use playlist search to select only the tracks which have another format than MP3 ("NOT %codec% IS mp3"), and convert them to the temporary folder.

This post has been edited by Cutter: Oct 21 2012, 18:31
+Quote Post
sonvolt
post Oct 23 2012, 20:23
Post #6

Thanks
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th July 2014 - 10:43