Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: APPLE iPod Nano 4GB - Rockboxable? (Read 3696 times) previous topic - next topic

APPLE iPod Nano 4GB - Rockboxable?

I'm familiar with this page, but I dunno which generation this device belongs to, anyone in the know?
Also, is it really an Italian exclusive?

Thanks.

Dc
WavPack 5.6.0 -b384hx6cmv / qaac64 2.80 -V 100

Reply #1
That's a 4th gen Nano.

Reply #2
Rockbox does not work, and barring a miracle, will never work on that model.
The firmware is encrypted, the hardware is unknown and likely has unpublished data-sheets.

The front page does not (yet) explicitly say Rockbox does not work on the 4th gen Nano, but it does explicitly state which models Rockbox works on.

If they are really selling 4GB 4th gen Apple Nanos, then it is something odd.  The new nano, to the best of my knowledge and Apple's (American) website, only comes in 8GB and 16GB editions.
Creature of habit.

Reply #3
It depends on the region. Currently the 4th Gen Nanos are in 4GB and 8GB models in Australia, for instance.

Reply #4
Thanks to all for the infos.
WavPack 5.6.0 -b384hx6cmv / qaac64 2.80 -V 100

Reply #5
Sorry, must correct myself. Australia does have the 16GB as well.