Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: difference between flac.exe and plugin for foobar (Read 3162 times) previous topic - next topic

difference between flac.exe and plugin for foobar

I find that if using foobar2000 with the diskwrite plugin from FLAC 1.10k to compress a .wav to .flac, the result will be not very seek-friendly.
I extract all tracks from a CD into one .wav file with a .cue file, then convert the .wav to .flac using foobar2000 with the diskwrite plugin from FLAC 1.10k. Then modify the .cue file to associate with the .flac. Now if I select the .cue in foobar2000 to play the .flac, when I press the "Next song" button, it will be very slow to jump from one track to another, sometimes foobar2000 may tell me that it cannot open the file.
If I compress the .wav to .flac using flac.exe(through frontah), I never meet that problem.
I just using the default parameters to compress my file, both in foobar and in flac.exe. I think there may be something different between flac.exe and the plugin for foobar.
Can someone tell me why this happen and how to make the plugin work just as flac.exe ?

difference between flac.exe and plugin for foobar

Reply #1
Well, you can always use cli plugin configured for flac.exe.
About your problem, I'll try to reproduce.

Edit:
OK, reproduced. It takes few seconds to jump to some other track in files encoded with fb2k, while jumping inside file encoded by exe version is instant.
Strange.
You could ask about this on some fb2k forum.
cli encoder for foobar has even a predefined preset for flac.exe and it's easy to use, so you know your  way
--
pozdr.
yq