Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Help with splitting of ape file
raining
post May 9 2007, 13:28
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 42787

I collected lots of classic music in ape format, one ape file is namely a whole album. I always use xilisoft audio maker to convert a whole ape file to a mp3 file to play in mp3 player. But u know, if I want to play one track, it’s rather troublesome. I heard that ape file has a paired index file, could anyone tell how to do? Any help appreciated.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Synthetic Soul
post May 9 2007, 14:23
Post #2

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 16217

You really need either a CUE (cuesheet) or APL (APE Link) file to split your APE file.

Do you have either?

If not, it's possible that the cuesheet has been embedded in the APE file as an APEv2 tag with the name "Cuesheet". It's also possible that it was just not provided, although they generally are with an image (full album) file.

--------------------
I'm on a horse.
+Quote Post
lilyly
post May 9 2007, 14:58
Post #3

Member No.: 42406

cue file is actually a text file, it records the start time of every track in ape. U can search the corresponding cue file for your ape file. Xilisoft Audio Maker should be able to import cue file, thus u can select to convert one or more tracks and don’t need to convert a whole ape file

This post has been edited by lilyly: May 9 2007, 15:14
+Quote Post
raining
post May 10 2007, 03:54
Post #4

Thanks….i downloaded the corresponding cue file, but when I imported it into Xilisoft Audio Maker, it failed. At the beginning, I thought Audio Maker doesn’t support cue file, so I downloaded some players that say supporting cue file, but also failed. Maybe there’re something need to adjust about my cue file and ape file? Any help appreciated.
+Quote Post
Synthetic Soul
post May 10 2007, 06:57
Post #5

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 16217

Open the cue file in a text editor and ensure the line:

CODE
FILE "<filename>" WAVE

... has the correct filename, and that the cue is in the same folder as the ape file.

--------------------
I'm on a horse.
+Quote Post
lilyly
post May 10 2007, 14:55
Post #6

Member No.: 42406

follow Synthetic Soul's advice, if the filename in FILE "<filename>" WAVE doesn't accords with actual ape file, then make them the same
+Quote Post
raining
post May 11 2007, 07:56
Post #7

Synthetic Soul and lilyly, Thanks. I followed your suggestion, and everything is ok now. I’m very glad, Xilisoft Audio Maker can convert the tracks of my ape one by one, and my player can also play the tracks one by one. Many thanks.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st September 2014 - 18:50