Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: How to ignore "the" prefix, but not remove or swap it to the (Read 2088 times) previous topic - next topic

How to ignore "the" prefix, but not remove or swap it to the

Hope this is in the right forum.  Facets is not ignoring the "the" prefix in my list of artists.  All the "the" bands are listed in the T's.  I know there's a $stripprefix search string, but that removes "the" entirely.  I don't want to remove it, I don't want to swap it to the end, I just want facets to ignore "the" while alphabetizing.  Is there a way to facilitate this?

Edit:  Facets has a checkbox option to ignore "the", however this doesn't seem to be working for some reason...?

Reply #1
the facets check box works as expected for me. did you make sure to remove any of those $strip/$swap functions you might have added?

Reply #2
the facets check box works as expected for me. did you make sure to remove any of those $strip/$swap functions you might have added?

Yes... previously I had: $if2(>%album artist%<,'('Unknown')'), but I've now reduced it to >%album artist%<. 
The "ignore the" box is checked.  No other facet columns are in that pane. 

Restarted several times too.  Really perplexed...

Reply #3

Yes... previously I had: $if2(>%album artist%<,'('Unknown')'), but I've now reduced it to >%album artist%<. 
The "ignore the" box is checked.  No other facet columns are in that pane. 

Restarted several times too.  Really perplexed...

Ok I've reset my Facets config completely, and it seems to be working now.  Really not sure what was keeping it from working, but I guess I had customized a search string in a way that cause facets not to be able to apply the "ignore the" rule.

Re: How to ignore "the" prefix, but not remove or swap it to the

Reply #4
Ok I've reset my Facets config completely, and it seems to be working now.  Really not sure what was keeping it from working, but I guess I had customized a search string in a way that cause facets not to be able to apply the "ignore the" rule.

Old thread I realize, but FYI, Facets does have the issue that using the dimming/highlight </>,>/< will interfere with proper sort. User above needed to remove them.

Similar issue in various album view components - "jump-to" by typing letter will not work if dim/highlights are used.