Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: The Best Way to Make Backup of Audio CD? (Read 3636 times) previous topic - next topic

The Best Way to Make Backup of Audio CD?

Hi to all,

I want to do a full lossless backup of my Audio CD.

Here and into other forum I have seen that a solution is the use of EAC.

But the problem is that this software is only for Windows.

There is a full and complete Guide as for EAC for XLD?

The result of XLD for MAC is the same of EAC?

Or is a better solution to rip all with EAC on Windows?

I think that a solution is use ALAC but i know that AIFF can be better---------------> but AIFF support cover art and id tag?

Thanks!

P.S: the solution of iTunes + ALAC is good'

Reply #1
There are plenty of previous threads (probably including most of yours) with information on these topics; a search would be very informative.

Reply #2
I think that a solution is use ALAC but i know that AIFF can be better---------------> but AIFF support cover art and id tag?
Better???  Since tagging is more standardized for ALAC, I'd say it's "better"!    When it comes to audio quality, all lossless formats are equal.  When you read/decode any lossless file the bits/bytes of the PCM audio data is identical.  (That's what  lossless means...  No data is lost and no data is altered in any way.)

Reply #3
I’m sure the community has already explained that to Antigen umpteen times.

I think we’re into diminishing returns now, so anything besides recommending a search is probably not worth the effort.