IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Best service for digitizing vinyl and cassettes?
slogun
post Nov 13 2008, 01:59
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 62301

Hello.

I have some rather rare/expensive/personally valuable records and cassettes that I want to archive digitally...only thing is I don't want to spend a fortune on my own equipment to do it right now, especially with the small amount I want to get done.

Can anyone give any recommendations? Looking for conversion quality(obviously), care taken when handling the recordings...thanks!
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
DVDdoug
post Nov 13 2008, 21:14
Post #2

Member No.: 46454

Here is a similar thread/question with a couple of links to services.

...I want to archive digitally...only thing is I don't want to spend a fortune on my own equipment to do it right now, especially with the small amount I want to get done.
If you simply want to record/archive the recordings (with no restoration), all you need is a computer with a soundcard and some recording software. (I'm assuming you have playback equipment that's up to your standards.) Audacity is a FREE audio editor that can record.

If you want to do some audio restoration, Audacity can do noise reduction, and filtering/EQ. For removing vinyl "snap, crackle, & pop", Wave Repair is only $30 USD. (And, there are other affordable software tools that will cost less than paying someone else to do it.)

This post has been edited by DVDdoug: Nov 13 2008, 21:25
+Quote Post
slogun
post Nov 13 2008, 22:31
Post #3

Member No.: 62301

Exactly what I needed to know...thanks. smile.gif

This post has been edited by slogun: Nov 13 2008, 22:31
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th July 2014 - 23:05