Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_wave_seekbar (Read 799177 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_wave_seekbar

Reply #850
I'm getting crashes with foobar since I installed the latest version

edit:oops, was using .11. Let's see if .12 does the same.

foo_wave_seekbar

Reply #851
hmm, no crashes so far but some tracks are not getting scanned :/

foo_wave_seekbar

Reply #852
All the bad-allocs should be solved with 0.2.13.13. *knocks on wood*
Stay sane, exile.

foo_wave_seekbar

Reply #853
Great Zao!

Works with my two reported files... 

foo_wave_seekbar

Reply #854
Pleeeease: seeking using the mouse-wheel (like standard seekbar can do that)...
foo foo foo

foo_wave_seekbar

Reply #856
so... I accidentally clicked "Extract Seekbar Signature" in Album List and now foobar2000 sits @90%CPU on both cores... 
I've removed foo_wave_seekbar for now. Is there any way to tell it to stop scanning the whole library? (as this is what it's probably doing)

[oh and I think a warning ("Do you really want to scan gazillion files?") would be appropriate when a user tries something like this  ]

foo_wave_seekbar

Reply #857
Run sqlite3 wavecache.db
Execute delete from job;

I haven't really seen any point for a warning when initiating a scan for a lot of files. It's a reasonably common use case.
In any way, you can always restrict it to only using one core in advanced preferences. They should not affect your performance in any significant way, as they run with idle priority.
Stay sane, exile.

foo_wave_seekbar

Reply #858
Run sqlite3 wavecache.db
Execute delete from job;

I haven't really seen any point for a warning when initiating a scan for a lot of files. It's a reasonably common use case.
In any way, you can always restrict it to only using one core in advanced preferences. They should not affect your performance in any significant way, as they run with idle priority.

thx, it worked

foo_wave_seekbar

Reply #859
thank you once again for updating the component. still i wished you could add the option shade played "non-transparent". also if played waveform could be coloured separately, it would be awsome. don't you want it too, sometimes? =) i so hope you do^^

foo_wave_seekbar

Reply #860
thank you once again for updating the component. still i wished you could add the option shade played "non-transparent". also if played waveform could be coloured separately, it would be awsome. don't you want it too, sometimes? =) i so hope you do^^

I'm not entirely sure what you're saying, do you mean like this?

Here's a version of the RMS effect which uses the highlight colour instead of just grey-scaling it. http://pastebin.com/rVfuCDgy

foo_wave_seekbar

Reply #861
YES! how do you do that? i got Direct3D 9.0c and "Frontened settings..." button below. but i cant activate it / click doesn't seem to work. why??

UPDATE: with Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86) it it didn't work on my x64 win 7  now, with x64 Package, a click on "Frontened settings..." button opens a "Seekbar configuration: Direct 3D"-window. i loaded defaulf by clicking on it..

whats next stept to do for non-transparency?

foo_wave_seekbar

Reply #863
thank you! now i miss only two small things: 1) how do i disable that 2nd, inner waveform? and 2) is it possible to get a a fine line for selection (as it was in GDI mode)?

also it would be great to see how you do it.. maybe with some coloured parts in a code posted right here? ^^

foo_wave_seekbar

Reply #864
I don't really know how to use this language, but I've figured out how to do what you want.

how do i disable that 2nd, inner waveform?
Change line 94
Code: [Select]
float factor = insideRms ? (1.0 - 0.5 * saturate(factorRms / border / 2)): 1.0;
to
float factor = 1.0;

is it possible to get a a fine line for selection (as it was in GDI mode)?
Change line 114
float positionWidth = 2.5 * dx;
to
float positionWidth = dx;

foo_wave_seekbar

Reply #865
thank you 
maybe there is one last thing left, which ist not possible for now:

(Highlight background color only/separately)

foo_wave_seekbar

Reply #866
You're right that wasn't possible, here's an updated version which sets the background colour to the highlight colour if "shade played" is disabled. http://pastebin.com/q6qLaQ18

foo_wave_seekbar

Reply #867
Highlight only for s_PLASH.
The colors may be the wrong way around, check played() if it's the wrong way. There's very little you can't do with HLSL, it's just pure awesome math.
Beaten to the punch by Anomalous - bah.
Stay sane, exile.

foo_wave_seekbar

Reply #868
thanks you both  your effort is appreciated! i can't even find the differences yet
here is my new seekbar

EDIT
There's very little you can't do with HLSL

i think here it is. you need 5 colours for real separation of front- and background. maybe its possible without "Colors" menu, just by editing the "Effect source" script. but i'm not the one to edit in any way.

your last script ignores "Foreground color" selection, as you wanted obviously. but that way it provides only 3 colours to chose from.

foo_wave_seekbar

Reply #869
Zao,
Thank you so much for the plugin, is it possible for him to make support for DSD?
razor-87.deviantart.com

foo_wave_seekbar

Reply #870
That depends entirely on what you mean by DSD. If it's an input plugin, it's not currently banned like CDDA is. If it's a DSP, no, I do not support or intend to support any DSPs.

I might add, CDDA and similar formats are banned because random access of a CD is a very bad idea.
Stay sane, exile.

foo_wave_seekbar

Reply #871
I mean, SACD and are extracted from the DSD stream, for example.
razor-87.deviantart.com

foo_wave_seekbar

Reply #872
That track scans perfectly fine with foo_input_dsdiff 1.4 here.
Stay sane, exile.

foo_wave_seekbar

Reply #873
I just meant another plug-in "foo_input_sacd".
razor-87.deviantart.com

foo_wave_seekbar

Reply #874
I do not have any source material to test that input. If it's not broken, it should work out of the box.
You still haven't said what fails, nor given any relevant console info.
Stay sane, exile.