Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Speex 0.8.0 Is Out (Read 9985 times) previous topic - next topic

Speex 0.8.0 Is Out

Reply #25
Ok, John, consider it a feature request.   

"Oggdrop 1.5 alpha: Now with Speex support!" I like the ring of that don't you? Takes care of our music AND voice recordings.

Well, I may disappoint you, but oggdropXPd (next version) does not support Speex. 

However,  speexdrop V0.0.1alpha has just been uploaded to Roberto!!

Input for encoding may be any 8 or 16 bit wav file, stereo or mono. Input wavs are resampled to either 8000Hz or 16000Hz and automatically (at the moment) downmixed to mono unless they are already in the specified format.

Decoding/playback options are the same as for oggdropXPd except for the absence, naturally, of vorbisgain tag interpretation.

Comments are welcomed and once the code appears stable (it tests out OK), and I've tidied it up, I'll post the source.

Maybe roberto is not as fast as you... I can't find the proggy there anyway 

Speex 0.8.0 Is Out

Reply #26
Maybe roberto is not as fast as you... I can't find the proggy there anyway 

Patience, my son...

I was testing it.

It's now available at RareWares, "others" section.

Regards;

R.

Speex 0.8.0 Is Out

Reply #27
Just to throw a spanner in the works, V0.0.2alpha is now available (the progress bar didn't function on decode before and now it does  ). I'll upload to Roberto as soon as I can get in, but in the meantime it's available from here.

Speex 0.8.0 Is Out

Reply #28
New frontend is already available.

(Indeed, it has been available for hours, but I forgot to post it)

R.