Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
ADP Music files, Conversion of Game files
JLA
post Jul 25 2007, 22:56
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 44880

HELP-!! I joined this forum because I read someone talking about ADP music files in video games. There are two examples of these that I have come upon: Omikron: Nomad Soul, and Soldier of Fortune. I have tried everything to convert these into something that you're able to listen to, and failed. I have already purchased David Bowie's CD "Hours", I love the ambient sounds in the games that I can not reach-!! CAN ANYONE HELP ME? Thanks.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
dr.schanker
post Jul 26 2007, 02:04
Post #2

Member No.: 3900

Hi,

Try Winamp with this plugin.
Or your ADP-files may contain several ADX-files (which you can probably play with Foobaar or Winamp+plugin).
You can read more here, download the tool "ADXtract" described in this thread to get the ADX-files from your ADP.

If you are unlucky (like me, PS2-game "Okami"), those ADX are somehow encrypted - playing such files will sound like noise sad.gif

Good Luck.

This post has been edited by dr.schanker: Jul 26 2007, 02:26
+Quote Post
Cutter
post Jan 30 2008, 04:51
Post #3

Member No.: 10152

Hello Dr.Schanker, I followed your advice but it didn't work. Winamp + in_cube won't play the files, and ADXtract won't find anything inside the files. I tried kode54's foo_adpcm plugin for foobar2000, it supports all of in_cube's formats plus some more. It didn't work either.

Apparently, Omikron's developers created a very exotic variant of ADPCM.

Here is a sample ADP file from the Windows version of the game. Hopefully someone will look into it and write an input plugin:
11.ADP (1.07MB)
+Quote Post
raintheory
post Jan 31 2008, 00:08
Post #4

Member No.: 37266

Any help here: http://forum.xentax.com/viewtopic.php?p=82...046543f6a1edc7f

?

The last post there may be helpful (for Omikron anyway)... good luck!

EDIT: Tried the tool in that post on your adp file and here was the result: 11.wav - 4.26MB -is this indeed a correct conversion?

This post has been edited by raintheory: Jan 31 2008, 00:16

--------------------
http://www.CosmicSky.com
+Quote Post
Cutter
post Jan 31 2008, 01:36
Post #5

Member No.: 10152

That's it! Finally! Thanks!

This post has been edited by Cutter: Nov 7 2008, 18:52
+Quote Post
annoying mouse
post May 6 2009, 16:29
Post #6

Member No.: 61562

I know this post is over a year old but I was wondering if anybody could help me out. I've actually done this conversion before (and it worked perfectly) but I seem to have deleted the converted files (or at least I've misplaced them). I decided to convert them again but I'm finding that I can no longer use that tool (adp2wav.exe) linked to on the Xentax forum above. I'm able to download the file but I'm getting a virus warning (from avg) every time I try to extract, move or load it. I'm confident this is the same tool I used before. Can anybody help me find the programme again in a format that will actually run?

Ok nevermind I've solved it now. Used another pc and there were no problems (no virus, etc.)

This post has been edited by annoying mouse: May 6 2009, 17:42
+Quote Post
WUSSyPUSSy
post Nov 28 2010, 05:10
Post #7

Member No.: 29578

Im wanting to convert Soldier of Fortune adp files. I asked at xentax forums and hopefully I would get help there.
+Quote Post
prenumele
post Mar 27 2013, 22:12
Post #8

Member No.: 107418

QUOTE (JLA @ Jul 25 2007, 23:56) *
HELP-!! I joined this forum because I read someone talking about ADP music files in video games. There are two examples of these that I have come upon: Omikron: Nomad Soul, and Soldier of Fortune. I have tried everything to convert these into something that you're able to listen to, and failed. I have already purchased David Bowie's CD "Hours", I love the ambient sounds in the games that I can not reach-!! CAN ANYONE HELP ME? Thanks.

I have too adp files and in them is writen Android Player ver. 1 Making Art Studios 2012 visit us at: www.makingartstudios.com vv5 I need them cause are extracted from apk setup file. PLEASE HELP ME ME TOO!
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th December 2014 - 03:56