Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Apps/Scripts that obtain addition tag info (Read 2485 times) previous topic - next topic

Apps/Scripts that obtain addition tag info

Besides WMP is anyone aware of anything else that will 'automatically' obtain tag info?

I know Musicmatch is semi-automatic though I definitely don't like that it overwrites
all fields regardless.

I use Musicbrainz for -accurate- general tag info so I am mainly concerned with the additional fields
like some of the things WMP adds such as Label/Publisher, Composer, Genre (though I know usually not accurate) etc..

Reply #1
Besides WMP is anyone aware of anything else that will 'automatically' obtain tag info?
what do you mean by automatic, getting info while playing?
if you satisfied with detailed manual infos (through tags plus additional format info) have a look at MediaInfo.
if you want to view and edit tags then there are a whole bunch of nice freeware programs available (Tag, The GodFather etc).
Nothing but a Heartache - Since I found my Baby ;)

Reply #2
Sorry, guess I should have been a little more descript or said auto batch.

One of the nice, well the only thing I even use WMP for besides creating useless PITA HS (hidden/system) crap files
is it does help fill in the empty tag fields on many files w/o user input.(ie.. stuff I didn't know, have available or to lazy to enter at the time  )

I know WMP uses AMG so lots of (Import) not US version releases aren't usually there.
However I've found due to AMG's very inconsistent/incorrect titling that many tracks not
found automatically are found when using WMP's manual look up.

Problem there besides being manual is that it then rewrites -all- tag info regardless
unlike in auto batch mode where you can set it to just download & write the missing information.

Currently my crazy work around is to load those files in TGF tag edit window prior, look them up in WMP in which it (re)writes
-all- tag info, then switch back to the TGF screen re(apply) the -good correct- data & update the tags back.

This works somewhat but is a real pain in the arse especially with regard to VA releases.

My other work around is to just rerun it through the MB tagger to clean up the junk but is a big waste of there server time/bandwidth.