Reply to this topicStart new topic
Non-Audio File Formats
mchernen
post Apr 7 2015, 23:58
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 119141

Hi all,

First-time poster, long-time lurker, so I hope that I am asking this question in the right place.

What I am looking to find out is whether a component exists that would allow the foobar2000 database to hold other formats, such as text documents or image files, and to treat those formats differently (i.e. open the text file in notepad and the image in paint). The reason I ask is that I find foobar's metadata and tree structure to be superior all other databases I've encountered, and that it would be interesting to be able to build up other libraries (i.e. painting or poetry) alongside the musical one. If the component doesn't exist, I would still be interested to know if anyone knows of a separate database software that could accomplish this (although in the case of my specific music library, I would prefer that the different media were displayed undifferentiated from the audio files, perhaps with an easily-accessed and altered file-format display toggle feature).

Thanks
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
jazzthieve
post Apr 8 2015, 00:37
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 58317

This is a bit beyond foobar's reach but I would suggest you look into Microsoft Access and build your own database to your own liking. It's easy to use and you can get good results with limited knowledge.

Edit: spelling

This post has been edited by jazzthieve: Apr 8 2015, 00:38
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 3rd June 2015 - 01:50