IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Levels to use when recording vinyl, do I need amp before line-in, etc., [split from “Archiving vinyl once only 96/24?”/thread 100121/TOS #5]
AndyH-ha
post Mar 31 2013, 07:52
Post #26

Group: Members
Member No.: 24222

You disagree because you think the schematics lie?
What does this silly MS slider you refer to have to do with how the soundcard is built?

Note: as I wrote in my first post, my comments were not about gamimg or entertainment cards, which includes all built-ins. I acknowledged up front that those must be investigated on a case by case basis. If you have some software that makes that easier, I sure those stuck with such cards appreciate it.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Paul Sanders
post Mar 31 2013, 11:27
Post #27

Member No.: 53626

QUOTE (AndyH-ha @ Mar 31 2013, 06:52) *
You disagree because you think the schematics lie?
What does this silly MS slider you refer to have to do with how the soundcard is built?

Note: as I wrote in my first post, my comments were not about gamimg or entertainment cards, which includes all built-ins. I acknowledged up front that those must be investigated on a case by case basis. If you have some software that makes that easier, I sure those stuck with such cards appreciate it.

I disagree because I think that not everyone has the ability you do to read such schematics, or that they may not be available. Also on the basis of my own experience from feedback from my customers who demonstrate confusion on this issue. It's ridiculous to have to study the schematic of a sound card in order to know how to use it.

Also, how do you know where to set the slider to get unity digital gain? If you just use the slider in the Windows Control Panel, or in most recording software, it's pure guesswork. The correct level for USB Audio CODEC, for example, on a scale of 0 .. 100, is 3. Who would know? My users were all over the place with this until I provided some help in the software.

This post has been edited by Paul Sanders: Mar 31 2013, 11:31

--------------------
I am an independent software developer (VinylStudio) based in UK
+Quote Post
aztec_mystic
post Mar 31 2013, 11:45
Post #28

Member No.: 107425

System 2:

Traktor Kontrol S4 Ch C (Kontrol S4 WDM Audio) does NOT have a hardware level control
Traktor Kontrol S4 Ch D (Kontrol S4 WDM Audio) does NOT have a hardware level control
+Quote Post
Paul Sanders
post Mar 31 2013, 12:26
Post #29

Member No.: 53626

Interesting. Thank you for posting.

--------------------
I am an independent software developer (VinylStudio) based in UK
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd August 2014 - 09:32