Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Creating minimal screen mode for ColumnsUI
emueyes
post Jul 7 2012, 01:35
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 100657

I now have a nice ColumnsUI layout, great, but it takes up half a 27" monitor screen.

Is it possible to create another layout with a more minimal set of panels and toggle between the two?

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
ojdo
post Jul 7 2012, 05:55
Post #2

Member No.: 31980

You can create several layouts in Preferences > Display > Columns UI: Tab Layout. Then you can assign menu buttons or keyboard shortcuts to switch between them.

--------------------
http://freemusi.cc/
+Quote Post
Ryoma
post Jul 7 2012, 07:19
Post #3

Member No.: 99417

QUOTE (ojdo @ Jul 7 2012, 06:55) *
You can create several layouts in Preferences > Display > Columns UI: Tab Layout. Then you can assign menu buttons or keyboard shortcuts to switch between them.

What I find boring is the fitting of CUI panels whenever I resize the fb2k window. Is there a way to automatically save its dimensions each time I switch the layout?

This post has been edited by Ryoma: Jul 7 2012, 08:14
+Quote Post
emueyes
post Jul 7 2012, 16:28
Post #4

Member No.: 100657

Thanks, I found the Layout naming and saving options. Oddly, I had been messing around, and the 'mess' I'd made was preserved across a restart, without me explicitly saving it. I still have the layout named 'Default', so that may explain it. I really was at the 'try it and see' stage, so no harm done.

But yeah, having dimensions saved as part of a layout would be good - does it not do that? I'd had planned two completely different layouts.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st August 2014 - 18:23