IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> foobar2000 Development Forum Rules

This forum is for developer discussions only. If you have a problem / bug report / idea / feature request that isn't related to foobar2000 SDK, post it in an appropiate forum instead - tech support questions go to support forum, everything else goes to general forum.
All non-developer posts on this forum will be removed. Continued abuse of this forum will result in admin actions (warnings, account suspension).

Reply to this topicStart new topic
How to build an executable from SDK/foobar2000/foo_sample?
LedZeppelin
post Sep 16 2012, 00:07
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 103121

Using a trial version of Visual Studio 2010 and the instructions here http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....st&p=767596 I was able to get SDK/foobar2000/foo_sample to compile under Debug mode for Win32.

Here's the last few lines from the Output of Visual Studio

5> Generating Code...
5>Link:
5> Creating library C:\Users\me\Desktop\SDK\foobar2000\foo_sample\Debug\foo_sample.lib and object C:\Users\me\Desktop\SDK\foobar2000\foo_sample\Debug\foo_sample.exp
5>LinkEmbedManifest:
5> foo_sample.vcxproj -> C:\Users\me\Desktop\SDK\foobar2000\foo_sample\Debug\foo_sample.dll
5>FinalizeBuildStatus:
5> Deleting file "Debug\foo_sample.unsuccessfulbuild".
5> Touching "Debug\foo_sample.lastbuildstate".
5>
5>Build succeeded.
5>
5>Time Elapsed 00:00:07.09
========== Build: 5 succeeded, 0 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

I dug around C:\Users\me\Desktop\SDK\foobar2000\foo_sample\Debug but I was unable to find an executable. I was under the impression that building foo_sample would result in an executable that would run foobar_sample.

How do I go about building an executable for foo_sample (I'm new to visual studio and c++ and would really appreciate a play-by-play?)

EDIT

I tried the same with with Release mode for Win32 and checked the C:\Users\me\Desktop\SDK\foobar2000\foo_sample\Release folder but I did not see an .exe file

This post has been edited by LedZeppelin: Sep 16 2012, 00:41
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Zao
post Sep 16 2012, 02:19
Post #2

Group: Members (Donating)
Member No.: 9001

The SDK is for making components (plugins) for the foobar2000 application. Put them in your foobar2000 profile's user_components/foo_whatever directory.
You can point Project Properties -> Debugging -> Executable to your foobar2000.exe to launch it from the debugger.

--------------------
Zao shang yong zao nong zao rang zao ren zao.
To, early in the morning, use a chisel to build a bathtub makes impatient people hot-tempered.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd November 2014 - 20:06