Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
need DarkOne v4 help
skunknumerouno
post Aug 5 2014, 20:06
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 116878

I just started using fb2k today after much mulling around for awhile trying to decide which player to switch to. I wanted to fit in with the cool kids and adopt the DarkOne v4 theme, but I have had trouble d/l it from the source on DA. I was wondering if anyone could u/l the .7z archive here or somewhere else? It says it's only 3.8mb but whenever I try to d/l it I only get a 295bytes file that my extraction program says is corrupted.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
tpijag
post Aug 6 2014, 02:07
Post #2

Member No.: 53637

Would suggest to ask the developer at his download site. Quick look shows download works fine. You might try a different browser.

It will be rare indeed to find someone here who uses that exact skin without modifications. In fact, the cool kids frequenting this forum likely do not use a 'skin' at all.
YMMV.
+Quote Post
skunknumerouno
post Aug 6 2014, 04:15
Post #3

QUOTE (tpijag @ Aug 5 2014, 15:07) *
"Would suggest to ask the developer at his download site. Quick look shows download works fine. You might try a different browser.'

*I used TBB and FF, but can't grab it for whatever reason. There's No Way in hell I'm gonna let IE loose on the tubes.

"It will be rare indeed to find someone here who uses that exact skin without modifications. In fact, the cool kids frequenting this forum likely do not use a 'skin' at all."

*Thanks... I was using MPC before I switched, which is about as basic as you can get; I kinda wanted to see what it was like to have a flashy GUI for a change.

*Anyway, I've gotten accustomed to this quick layout I clumsily pieced together earlier, so I probably won't bother messing with it since it pretty much does what I want.

This post has been edited by skunknumerouno: Aug 6 2014, 04:26
+Quote Post
ChronoSphere
post Aug 6 2014, 10:38
Post #4

Member No.: 41384

Download working fine here as well. If you have some download manager plugin running, it might interfere with the whole redirecting thing done in the background and download the .html/.php instead.
+Quote Post
skunknumerouno
post Aug 6 2014, 16:56
Post #5

QUOTE (ChronoSphere @ Aug 5 2014, 23:38) *
<br />Download working fine here as well. If you have some download manager plugin running, it might interfere with the whole redirecting thing done in the background and download the .html/.php instead.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Thank you, ChronoSphere.

I didn't think of that, but I think you're right on the money.

I just recently installed the same download manager on my TBB that I had been using on FF for awhile and rarely had an issue.
The only other times it behaved similarly, I was able to (outside of the download manager) 'right click', 'save as' ; which I tried, but it saved the same way (corrupted .7z or .html/.php as you said).

I'd have to restart both browsers (which I won't do for weeks, unless there's an updated security release) in order to disable the download managers, so I can't report that as fixed yet, but that should work.

Thanks again, ChronoSphere and tpijag. I appreciate the help.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st August 2014 - 12:14