Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Playlist disappeared (Read 4007 times) previous topic - next topic

Playlist disappeared

Since I have to wait like a ninja to double click my components before they disappear after a split second when I extract them, I accidentally doubleclicked it and it tried to open with Foobar for some reason? What? Why?

Anyway, it decided to break. My playlist is gone, and I have this:
http://imgur.com/bMcdL

How do I get my playlist back? It was like 60gb long, and organized with album art.

Thank you

Playlist disappeared

Reply #1
Edit>Undo

Equally simplistic is the idea that you might want to save your playlist in the event of an unrecoverable crash. Do it manually, use foo_jesus, or just whatever.

The strange behaviour of your components might justify this thread’s staying in Support, which would not otherwise be the case, if it does turn out to be something caused directly by foobar2000. Either way, I suspect you’ll need to provide more information for anyone to be able to offer ideas.

Playlist disappeared

Reply #2
I closed the program and restarted my computer. I can't undo.

Playlist disappeared

Reply #3
I’m sorry, but all I can think is that this is a perfect demonstration of why one should save things.

Unless foobar2000 leaves a paper-trail from which playlists can be restored, I think you’re out of luck.

Besides saving and making backups, you may want to enable the option ‘Set "enqueue" as the default action’, and/or ‘Always send new files to playlist: [your chosen playlist here]’, in order to avoid accidental overwriting in future.

Playlist disappeared

Reply #4
If I did a system restore, could I recover my playlist?
EDIT: Or is there any kind of file recovery I can use?

Playlist disappeared

Reply #5
Call me crazy but I don't think a missing playlist is your biggest problem here.

I'm assuming you attempted to install the Lyric Show Panel 3 component. Can you explain every step you made in your attempt? Was it successful? (The screenshot you posted is odd. I can't get Foobar to do what it shows.)

Since I have to wait like a ninja to double click my components before they disappear after a split second when I extract them, ...

Please explain this in more detail. You do know that you don't have to extract components in ZIP archives to install them?

I accidentally doubleclicked it and it tried to open with Foobar for some reason? What? Why?

My first reaction would be to look at the file associations for ZIP and DLL files on your comp, as well as look to see what if anything appears in the "Open with..." right-click context menu with those file types.

Playlist disappeared

Reply #6
Call me crazy but I don't think a missing playlist is your biggest problem here.

It is my biggest problem. I spent hundreds of hours compiling my collection. How do I get it back?

Playlist disappeared

Reply #7
Your music collection is missing or just your playlist?

Playlist disappeared

Reply #9
Well, have you tried simple things like opening Playlist Manger (View > Playlist Manager) to see if any other playlists are listed there or checking Preferences > Media Library to see if the paths to your files are still there?

Have you opened the Console (View > Console) to look for any error messages?

Is foobar set to rescan your library at start-up? You can tell it to rescan by holding "Shift" and clicking on Library > Rescan folders.

BTW there is no need to keep quoting my posts.

Playlist disappeared

Reply #10
Yeah. Every playlist is gone. I didn't really use pathing to import, I dragged and dropped thongs from various locations. No error messages. Would system restore help?

Playlist disappeared

Reply #11
I won't say it's impossible. Do you know how to restore a previous version of a file from a restore point without doing a full system restore? (<only available in vista or newer)

Look in the playlists folder in the foobar2000 folder in your user profile folder.

Playlist disappeared

Reply #12
Thing is, will there even be a playlist file to restore? If a save/backup in an actual playlist format was never made, then the only chance is that the data might still exist in an automatically backed-up version of foobar2000’s configuration file. Then the questions are: How often does your system create a restore point? When was your playlist made, and was it before a restore point? And so on.

Playlist disappeared

Reply #13
is it even necesarry to get your playlist back? i have the feeling you used it only to keep track of your music, right?
why don't you just add it via the library function?