IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> foobar2000 Tech Support Forum Rules

Please read foobar2000 Tech Support Forum Rules before posting and comply with all the points.
Failure to provide all the information pointed out in the above document in your post is considered wasting other people's time and in extreme cases will lead to your topic getting locked without a reply.

See also: Hydrogenaudio Terms of Service.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
New versions dont auto retry internet streams after disconnect / stand
robertcollier4
post Dec 21 2012, 19:47
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 104754

In older versions of Foobar2000 - I would be able to put my laptop into standby while playing an Internet Stream (such as from Shoutcast) - and then when I would wake up the computer - it would first playback a second or two from the buffer -- and then it would restart / retry automatically from the new place where the stream now is. I believe the old behavior would be that if it couldn't connect to a network stream - and if "Playback > Order > Repeat" was set - then it would keep trying to connect to the Internet streams (as playlist entries) over and over again.

Now - in the new version -- when my computer comes out of standby or from a period of net disconnect -- Foobar2000 plays the last few buffered seconds and then just stops playing (no error message, just stops). Then I have to manually go into Foobar2000 and hit play again.

It would be nice if Foobar2000 would auto-retry network streams as per the old behavior so I can keep a Shoutcast internet stream playing - and then have it still playing when my computer wakes up out of Standby or even if my network wire is unplugged for 20 seconds and then plugged back in. When the network comes back in 20 seconds - the streamed music should also. So when Internet streams cannot be connected to -- it should keep the "Repeat" for them as per the Playback Order setting -- keeping trying again and again until it can connect. Then it will keep on trying to connect to the Playlist entries until the user hits Stop. (This is how it used to behave). The music shouldn't stop streaming or shouldn't stop trying to stream until I hit Stop.

This post has been edited by robertcollier4: Dec 21 2012, 19:52
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th August 2014 - 15:23