Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: music from 7digital.com (Read 4196 times) previous topic - next topic

music from 7digital.com

I just saw Oasis latest album available in FLAC + MP3/320kbps for sale at 7digital.com
I was wondering how the package is:

- Does it include album art?
- What album art resolution?
- How many art files?
- Which FLAC encoder are they using?
- Which MP3 encoder are they using?
- Any extra files in the package?
- Does it have log file like an EAC secure rip, or is it plain FLAC without being ripped off a CD?
(Offsets come to mind now...)

I am sure there are couple of more FLAC albums there, if you bought it, please let me hear your insight.

music from 7digital.com

Reply #1
I have bought the new Oasis album from 7digital in quality "The Best (FLAC + MP3)".
I had some trouble downloading as web server reports wrong file length.
For the FLAC the server reports 322.5MB and sends a 313.2 MB zip-file.
For the mp3 the server reports 110.0MB and sends a 106.8 MB zip-file.
But WinRar found no error during test and extracted the 11 songs without problems.

The FLAC file have NO tags readable in foobar or Mp3tag and no album art.
Encoder is "reference libFLAC 1.1.4 20070213"

The mp3 are 320kbps CBR and have tags and embedded 800x800 album art.
Encoder is LAME3.98b

No other files are present in the zip files.

Anders

music from 7digital.com

Reply #2
The difference in filesize reporting is understandable, since every hard drive has a cluster slack waste. That is, some files may end up a little larger in drives that have bigger clusters than others. I believe the files should be identical, they wouldn't be unzippable at all (at least not perfectly) if they had CRC damage.

I am disappointed that no information comes with FLAC files. I believe they come from a CD rip.
Thanks for your Report!

music from 7digital.com

Reply #3
No, the file-size difference is not understandable. The file-size reported by the web-server when you star HTTP download should exactly match the file-size of the downloaded file. I restarted my download two tiles because my browser showed a incomplete download.

Searching around the 7digital site it looks like the only other album available in FLAC is the "In Rainbows" album by Radiohead.