Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: [TOS #8] From: which lame version? (Read 973 times) previous topic - next topic

[TOS #8] From: which lame version?

Gogo is well known for being very fast, but can you point to any listening test results that support your claim for it being "best quality"?

so which version of lame from past till present is best

also suggest me which lame is thouroughly tested till today and recommended

cbr= which lame version is best? and switch?
vbr = which lame version is best? and switch?

i saw doom9 pforum in which fhg was superior to lame 2011

i mainly convert from flac to mp3
i want transparency to my ear cause i can detect difference between lame v0 and original
original has more  rich sound and width while lame has less rich sound and seems like it is cutted at some point, i mean fiedility sound perception width or richness.
if you go by your mind when listening you can hear it but if you go by your heart then i can't distinguish but feels something is misssing which feels bad

[TOS #8] From: which lame version?

Reply #1
i mean fiedility sound perception width or richness

From http://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil...ml#toc_cbtpeadb :

In any test where a listener can tell two choices apart via any means apart from listening, the results will usually be what the listener expected in advance; this is called confirmation bias and it's similar to the placebo effect. It means people 'hear' differences because of subconscious cues and preferences that have nothing to do with the audio, like preferring a more expensive (or more attractive) amplifier over a cheaper option.
[...]
ABX is considered a minimum bar for a listening test to be meaningful; reputable audio forums such as Hydrogen Audio often do not even allow discussion of listening results unless they meet this minimum objectivity requirement.